Do they send and recieve data while they are off? Mine is using 10-30MB a night while I sleep, and it's off. Telus won't take the data off and I'm going to run over this month.

Edit: I got rid of my pushed email and apps that use data 2 days ago, and all I'm using currently is BBM.
    02-16-11 09:04 AM
  2. T
    Hmmm. Try taking the battery out every night for a week and see if the mysterious data charges are still there.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-16-11 10:11 AM
    That is a huge amount of data, it puts the "memory leak" issue in it's place.

I use Auto On/Off overnight, that insures I don't exhaust my battery and it would be effective in stopping the data use.

The real question is, Does Telus accurately measure your data use? Bell is in the news becasue they can't guarantee they can accurately track data use and may be over billing their customers.

Keep a journal, note when you are shut down and compare that with their billing records. If you catch them once, you have a powerful argument for the rest of the bill.
    02-16-11 10:38 AM
    Are you part of any BBM groups? If theres a lot of people in the group this can cause a big spike in data.
    02-16-11 10:53 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD