So i have been looking for a BOLD for a bit now.

I have been looking for a decent priced one. I have finally found one.

i found a seller on craigslist that is willing to sell

brand new in the box bold 900 for 200.00.

I wanna do it, but it seems fishy.

the email address he goes under is

[email protected] - Miha Bruno

has anyone ever heard of this guy or the store works with.

Just curious before i send him 200.00.

Thanks..

TK
    03-04-09 12:04 PM
    Never heard of him but if it sounds to good to be true it likely is... Make sure you read up in the scam section of CL so you know what to look out for....
    03-04-09 12:06 PM
    There's a store in San Antonio that's selling the Bold for $200.00 as well... It really does sound fishy, but sometimes it happens...

Caveat Emptor
    03-04-09 12:06 PM
    What store is this...

where in san antonio?

i'm in san antonio i wanna get this phone!!!
    03-04-09 12:12 PM
    The deal probably requires you to get a 2 year contract with ATT.
    03-04-09 12:18 PM
    just a tip google [email protected]

From what I see, they are out of Canada, but have adds all over the states.

I do have a few extra 10 foot poles i could sell you if you like.
    03-04-09 12:22 PM
    It def does sound sketchy but sometimes things like this happen and you get a steal. I would first make sure it can be purchased without a contract at that price. If you dont feel comfortable going through him i would def check out Ebay as you can find some amazing prices if your patient. If you take your time for a few days im sure you can get one for a good deal.
    03-04-09 12:24 PM
    If you are a new customer and don't mind the 2 year contract, Amazon.com has the Bold for $150 after $100 rebate.
    03-04-09 12:27 PM
    See i'm already in a 2 year contract with ATT.

I have a bout a year left and i currently have the 1st gen iPhone and i wanted try the BOLD out with out re-upping my contract.

Also with all the hype of a bunch of new phones coming out in June i def don't wanna re-up my contract.

but the BOLD seems like a great phone and i really wanna try it. i just dont wanna spend a ton on it.

thanks for all of your in put...

get back to me about those 10 foot poles..
    03-04-09 12:33 PM
    What store is this...

where in san antonio?

i'm in san antonio i wanna get this phone!!!
    It's off San Pedro somewhere... when I was looking for the number for the Corp. Store at The Forum I came across it...
    03-04-09 12:37 PM
    San Pedros a long street...

maybe by North Star Mall...

Thanks for all INFO!!!
    03-04-09 12:40 PM
    San Pedros a long street...

maybe by North Star Mall...

Thanks for all INFO!!!
    Probably one of the Authorized Resellers at North Star Mall now that you mention it...

I just didn't feel like going all the way down there to find out that price was with a 2 year activation, since I'm only 6 months into my 2 year after my iPhone 3G...
    03-04-09 12:47 PM
    Yeah ....

makes since .....

I'm ready to try something new...

I saw you have bold...

how do you like it compared to your 3g iPhone
    03-04-09 12:51 PM
    The guy at this posting wants me to Western Union him the money....

Does that seem odd....better than sending him CC info.

I just dont wanna get a box of rocks delivered to me!!

HAHAHA
    03-04-09 01:39 PM
    The guy at this posting wants me to Western Union him the money....

Does that seem odd....better than sending him CC info.

I just dont wanna get a box of rocks delivered to me!!

HAHAHA
    I would never Western Union money to someone I did not know. You can do this if you really want to. But usually...its a scam.

You know, you may have to check with At&t, but you should be able to actually purchase your Bold from at&t...and just return within their set return policy timeframe. That way, if you hate it...you can just return it.
    03-04-09 01:49 PM
    As I stated earlier, read the scam section. Western Union is one of the scams listed not to get involved with

DEAL LOCALLY WITH FOLKS YOU CAN MEET IN PERSON - follow this one simple rule and you will avoid 99% of the scam attempts on craigslist.

NEVER WIRE FUNDS VIA WESTERN UNION, MONEYGRAM or any other wire service - anyone who asks you to do so is a scammer.
    FAKE CASHIER CHECKS & MONEY ORDERS ARE COMMON, and BANKS WILL CASH THEM AND THEN HOLD YOU RESPONSIBLE when the fake is discovered weeks later.
    CRAIGSLIST IS NOT INVOLVED IN ANY TRANSACTION, and does not handle payments, guarantee transactions, provide escrow services, or offer "buyer protection" or "seller certification"
    NEVER GIVE OUT FINANCIAL INFORMATION (bank account number, social security number, eBay/PayPal info, etc.)
    AVOID DEALS INVOLVING SHIPPING OR ESCROW SERVICES and know that ONLY A SCAMMER WILL "GUARANTEE" YOUR TRANSACTION.
    03-04-09 01:53 PM
    i found a guy locally....on craigslist that wants to trade my 1st gen iPhoneand 150.00 for a blackberry bold...

seems worth it to me ...
    03-04-09 03:36 PM
    DANGER WILL ROBINSON DANGER!!!!!

Never I repeat NEVER Western Union a seller! It's a scam.
    03-04-09 03:44 PM
    i found a guy locally....on craigslist that wants to trade my 1st gen iPhoneand 150.00 for a blackberry bold...

seems worth it to me ...
    Seems like a fair trade to me. MUCH better than the 200 for the Bold guy.
    03-04-09 03:46 PM

seems worth it to me ...
    That is what CL is for - local face to face buying and selling IMO

Seeing the phone is safer since you can check for damage and more especially water damage.......... Good luck
    03-04-09 03:56 PM
    also...can the bold do stuff i groups...

can i make a specific groups...like for sms, mms, email....

on...my iphone...i could not make specific groups for email or sms...they would be sync'd up off my computer..but could not send from them.
    03-04-09 05:37 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD