Wife took me to the Cellular South store the other day and made me upgrade to a new phone. I had an old Nokia plain jane phone. I ended up with a Blackberry Curve 8330.

Question, should I have gotten a newer model Blackberry or is the 8330 just fine. The lady at the store said it was a really good phone. I have no clue about Blackberry, just wanted to get a good phone to do internet stuff.

Thanks for any replys
    03-04-09 11:07 AM
    I personally would've messed around with a few other models before landing on the 8330, but that could just be because I have a Bold (9000).

The Curve should be just fine for your first BB.
    03-04-09 11:09 AM
    If u can tap onto 3G, the bold would serve your internet needs better
    It has wifi too

That said, I had a curve before n it is built like a tank

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-04-09 11:11 AM
    My gf has a Pearl, sister has a Pearl, my parents both have 8700's and I have a Curve 8310. I love mine best as its slimmer than the older ones, QWERTY Keyboard vs the Pearl's 2 letters per key thing. And like everyone says, its built to last. Especially if you are new to BB or SmartPhones in general, i think the Curve is the way to go.
    03-04-09 01:02 PM
    If u can tap onto 3G, the bold would serve your internet needs better
    It has wifi too

That said, I had a curve before n it is built like a tank

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    He's CDMA, so his Curve IS 3G. I think you are fine on the Curve, it's a solid BB, got a mature OS (unlike the Bold and expecially unlike the Storm), multimedia features including camera, GPS, and great data features.
    03-04-09 01:10 PM
    No the curve rocks. Best one besides the storm and bold.
    03-04-09 01:44 PM
    Thanks for all of the replies. I have to admit, blackberry can be quite intimidating for a guy with no smartphone experience
    03-04-09 02:03 PM
    I don't really know what your other options for BB's are for your carrier. But the Curve is nothing to sneeze at. You'll be good with it.
    03-04-09 02:14 PM
    I've had my curve for about 6 mos now and don't have any complaints. Very satisfied with the curve and all the options it provides.
    03-04-09 02:26 PM
    Hi rnelson989, I have a suggestion for you, why dont you check this site BillShrink. This site helps you compare phones and plans. It was extremely useful for me when I was buying a phone for my brother and after reviewing various phones we zeroed down on the storm and he is quite happy with it.
    Last edited by vincet; 03-05-09 at 08:05 AM.
    03-04-09 02:30 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD