i'v got a Blackberry 8520 which i'v only had for about 2 days

i have had a few blackberry before had no probs, but since this one, im having probs.

1. how an i change my themes, i tried uploading via DM, the ones i have uploaded havn't appeared on the phone and when i try other such as a .cod or .jad it won't allow me to upload as it "fails"

2. i am unable to get app world does anyone know why i i'm having probs downloading it i am on orange (i have updated the phone to V4.6.1.314), i have got a few mates they have been able to download
    11-21-09 08:14 AM
    1. JAD files are intended to be installed OTA via the BlackBerry Browser. Visit the link directly in your BlackBerry Browser.

2. Do you have a BlackBerry Data Plan? Is your Browser Emulation set to BlackBerry?
    11-21-09 08:34 AM
    Like the above poster said, JAD files are OTA only, meaning "Over The Air" and must be downloaded directly from your phone's browser. DM is causing trouble because it only recognizes ALX files. Hope that helps and congratulations on your new Blackberry!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by JayKayBee; 11-21-09 at 08:43 AM.
    11-21-09 08:41 AM
    thanks for the help guys

no i don't think i have got a data plan set up, i'm using wifi to connect to my wireless router.

i'm still having probs with the theme, really starting to annoy me now.

i'm downloading a theme via my phone, it downloads, then asks to reboot which i did, but its not in the theme list and can't find where it is in the phone

can someone tell me what i'm doing wrong plese
    11-21-09 03:19 PM
    Are you sure that the theme is compatible with your specific model number and OS version?
    11-21-09 03:34 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD