I was having some trouble making and receiving calls on my phone after activating a new phone on a different line of our family plan. I have a curve 8530 on the sprint network. anyway, i called sprint and after some time/trial and error i was told to type a ##____ code in and push the call button to preform a factory reset. I did this as i had everything backed up anyways, and after doing so my phone reads "Erasing information...Warning: do not pull out until erasing is complete". there is s ticking clock face on top of this message. It has been like this for going on 2 hrs now. The screen will not dim and has been light up for the entire time. I plugged it in so it wouldnt die and the charging lightening bolt has not shown up and the battery level has not changed since i started the process. is this normal? what should I do? what are my options? I dont want to pull the battery and dig myself deeper. Any info is appreciated thanks!
    04-02-12 09:17 PM
    its been about 3 hrs now. any chance a factory reset of a curve 8530 would take 3+ hrs to complete?
    04-02-12 09:42 PM
    well i woke up this morning and the process was finished in case anyone cared to know. It took between 4 and 10 hrs to complete but since i was asleep i couldnt say exactly how long it took.
    04-03-12 02:47 PM
    Hey! I'm glad the process finished! That would certainly creep me out if my phone just sat there for hours doing something I hadn't expected it to do. Is it working now? I don't know if this is a normal process or not... Call Sprint and tell them about this. If it is a normal procedure, it sure sounds time-consuming and frustrating!
    Good luck with your phone! I hope it's working well now!
    04-03-12 03:01 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD