hey all...i'm pretty new to crackberry and to the blackberry experience...i just got my 8330 from verizon about 2 or 3 months ago and absolutly LOVE it...but just curious to see if there is a download for a different internet browser........i doubt there is but who knows right?
    just thought i would ask..
    Last edited by Reed McLay; 07-13-09 at 03:20 PM. Reason: edit properties
    07-13-09 01:54 PM
    There is Opera Mini and Bolt Browser. Both are great alternative browsers, you just have to figure out which one suits you best. Just make sure not to delete your stock browser as downloads require the stock browser to download.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-13-09 01:58 PM
    hey thanks!
    where would i find those?
    07-13-09 02:06 PM
    Opera Mini is great, IMO.

On a side note- your font is really hard to read because of the size and color.

Welcome to CB!
    07-13-09 02:07 PM
    You can find them from the link at the top of this page for free Blackberry Software.

Good change of font
    07-13-09 02:07 PM
    i realized it was hard to read after i already put it on there...lol :P

thanks for the info!
    i heard opera mini is good i think i am going to give it a try
    07-13-09 02:09 PM
    You can find both in this link:

http://forums.crackberry.com/f35/bla...a-apps-236714/

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-13-09 02:10 PM
    Haha, no problem. It's fun to play around with settings anyhow. Best of luck, and see you around CB!
    07-13-09 02:16 PM
    i realized it was hard to read after i already put it on there...lol :P

thanks for the info!
    i heard opera mini is good i think i am going to give it a try
    I have removed the font specs to make it readable. Impact and Magenta are just dont work together well.

The BlackBerry Browser was created to support the needs of larger business users. Security is critical in their business, and the Browser is built around those needs.

That does cause some limitations. Fortunately, applications developers abhor a vacuum and create products to fill the need.

Opera mini takes a different approach. Instead of putting all the demand on the BlackBerry, their servers digest and forward the page to your BlackBerry. In practice, it is much closer to the Internet Browser experience we are accustomed to with a full computer.

07-13-09 03:22 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD