So I'm new to the world of blackberries and I'm thinking of buying my first BB when the Onyx comes out. I have a bunch of questions to ask. I'm currently using Microsoft Exchange account, Hotmail, and Gmail e-mail accounts. Can a BB be setup to use 3 different e-mail accounts?

Is it mandatory to have a BES account to access my MS Exchange account? The reason why I ask is because it's going to be like another $10/month on top of the Exchange fee. I've taken a quick look at the BES features and while it's great to have them, I don't necessarily need all of it. What I really want is to be able to just get push e-mail, sync calendar, contacts, and tasks between my Exchange account and the BB. Are there other solutions that will allow me to do this?

In regards to both Hotmail and Gmail, I understand that both services doesn't have a two-way sync right? What I mean by this is that if I delete e-mails from those accounts from the computer, then it won't be reflected on the BB? Or there's two-way syncs working with both services and the BB?
    Last edited by lsquare; 09-14-09 at 11:57 AM.
    09-14-09 11:47 AM
    You can have up to 10 email addresses with your BB on BIS. Not sure about BES but im sure it at least the same.
    It is not mandatory to have BES to access the exchange account but you have to have the administrator grant you access to the exchange server.
    As for synching between the BB and the email accounts my experience is that on BIS is limited. You can set the BB to delete emails from the email server and I think it can also be set ther other way around, but have not tried.
    09-14-09 12:25 PM
    As far as the Hotmail and Gmail question about the 2-way sync, that is not supported by either of these providers. You are correct that if you delete a message off of your computer inbox, you are also going to have to delete it off of your BB inbox too.
    09-14-09 02:24 PM
    Not necessarily. If you delete gmail off the server, eventually it will delete off your phone as well.
    But the reverse works better - if you delete from your phone first, then it will always delete off the server almost instantly.
    09-14-09 02:27 PM
    As far as the Hotmail and Gmail question about the 2-way sync, that is not supported by either of these providers. You are correct that if you delete a message off of your computer inbox, you are also going to have to delete it off of your BB inbox too.
    So how do you keep your hotmail and gmail inboxes in sync if you were to use those services with the BB?
    03-13-10 12:40 AM
    Its best not to...
    03-13-10 05:51 AM
    For clarification--I meant its best to just receive gmail on the BB with BIS, noit try to kepe in sync
    03-13-10 05:51 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD