It's been a while since I've posted here and I am really excited about BB10 and I have a couple of questions I really like to know.

I did jump ship and go to ios and I do have to admit, the ease, utility and simple interface/sharing of pictures/videos is something that I truly enjoy. I just had two kids and it is great to have crisp, clean beautiful memories forever stored in digital format. I know this is not BB's focus, but it is something that means a lot to me.

However, I do STRONGLY miss the productivity I had with by BB. In fact, the Q10 is what is really attractive to me.

With that said, the problem I am having with coming back to BB is having to pay for BES to get the same email capabilities as ios has for free. I was blown away with ios' ability to get into an sync all email capabilities without paying extra (i.e. BES). For instance, from ios email, I can get to my server's address book, I do not need to download my entire server's address book onto my BB, anything I delete on my phone is deleted on my server and my desktop outlook. Or having to connect my phone to my computer to get my calendar on my desktop outlook that is on my iphone. With all the productivity, I felt I was always duplicating email/calendar efforts with BB. Now, WHATEVER I do on my ios calendar or email is sync'd with my desktop, server and any other device. This really is the ONE thing that is holding me back from coming back to BB - and it is a a BIG deal to me.

With that context, here are my questions:

1.) With BB10, do I have to to have pay for BES to have the same free capabilities that ios has in terms of email?

2.) If "YES" to #1 - why? Every other OS does this for free why not BB?
    03-16-13 11:05 PM
    BES? Or do you mean BIS? BES is for enterprise, I believe.

With regards to your question, no, you no longer need BIS for BB10 email. Clearing up the BlackBerry 10 data plan confusion: No, you don't need a special BlackBerry plan if you're a regular customer | CrackBerry.com
    03-17-13 01:08 AM
    BB10 has the ability to connect to EAS, as well as, BES10 (if supported by your workplace). EAS (exchange active sync) is the exact same way iOS connects to exchange servers. So you will have the same functionality. And yes, it's free (with the purchase of a bb10 smartphone.

Posted via CB10
    03-17-13 01:51 AM
    Email, BBM, browsing, FB, Twitter is not free on IOS or Android. These apps all use your data plan. BIS/BES included unlimited access to all of these at a fixed monthly fee often at a fraction of the cost of data charges.

Users could also download movies and mp3's using BIS/BES although carriers have started capping these types of downloads recently.

Many users see the lack of BIS / BES support as a step backwards from a cost perspective.

Posted via CB10
    03-17-13 02:01 AM
    Email, BBM, browsing, FB, Twitter is not free on IOS or Android. These apps all use your data plan. BIS/BES included unlimited access to all of these at a fixed monthly fee often at a fraction of the cost of data charges.

Users could also download movies and mp3's using BIS/BES although carriers have started capping these types of downloads recently.

Many users see the lack of BIS / BES support as a step backwards from a cost perspective.

Posted via CB10
    dude, you need to learn how to read. I said the functionality was free (as it is supported on bb10). besides, that is not even what the op is asking. if you have a rant start your own thread, or find some other one on topic to sh*t on.
    03-17-13 02:47 AM
    My comment clarifies this concept of 'free'. BlackBerry supports it like everyone else. But it ain't free.

If I've misinterpreted a question or comment, happy to be guided down the right path

No need to be an arrogant, rude .... !!!

Posted via CB10
    03-17-13 03:50 AM
    BB10 has the ability to connect to EAS, as well as, BES10 (if supported by your workplace). EAS (exchange active sync) is the exact same way iOS connects to exchange servers. So you will have the same functionality. And yes, it's free (with the purchase of a bb10 smartphone.

Posted via CB10
    This is exactly what I'm looking for. As long as whatever I do only phone is replicated/sync'd with the server and desktop.
    03-17-13 12:17 PM
    I have read in the forums that BB10 can sync with iCloud email, contacts and calendar, you will have to search to find out how. As far as pictures, you may have to use Dropbox, or another solution.
    03-17-13 07:26 PM