Hi there. I know this sounds a little weird but I am going to ask. I backup my phone and then wipe the whole phone completely. Once done, I reinstall everything back by restore button via DM. This will bring my phone back to 100% normal like before right?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-15-10 06:21 PM
    If only wiping the data, yes that is correct. If you're talking about wiping data and the OS, you will need to reinstall the OS then do restore.
    12-15-10 06:43 PM
    You'll have to re-enter all your registration keys for 3rd party apps, if you've bought any. Same as when you upgrade to a new OS.

I'd also remotely and locally backup your BBM contacts. You can do that in BBM's options.
    12-15-10 07:56 PM
    Hi there. I know this sounds a little weird but I am going to ask. I backup my phone and then wipe the whole phone completely. Once done, I reinstall everything back by restore button via DM. This will bring my phone back to 100% normal like before right?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    There are two forms of wiping you can do. The first is the security wipe on the device. That should leave the OS intact. From this wipe you can simply restore one of the backup files you made using Desktop Manager.

The other wipe (using jl_cmder, bbsak, etc) erases your data and the OS from the device. You must download an OS and install it on the device before you can restore your data.

May I ask why you want to wipe? Are you trying to solve a problem, or something else? Also, which of the types you're going to do? I ask this because for solving problems, the security wipe may not be sufficient.
    12-15-10 10:41 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD