Hey Crackberry nation!
    I have a question for you all. What made you choose BlackBerry and what is keeping you from switching? Is it the keyboard, email and pin functionality, design, ease of communication? Also if there is one feature you are hoping to see on blackberry 10 what is it? Sound off in the comments below and let's hope RIM sees this and keeps what we love, and brings in the changes we want to see!
    10-14-12 04:31 AM
    bbm. nuff said.

Sent from my torchy Torch 9800 using Tapatalk
    10-14-12 04:41 AM
    BBM Android wasnt so famous at the time. nd i hate iphone

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    10-14-12 05:04 AM
    Native apps integration, keyboard, email,memo pad,tasks, UMA,calendar, camera. Get Things Done! No malarky about it!. I really don't use touchscreen much on either of my 9930 bb's . Love the UMA especially on my BB9700 and 9780 bb's. Love the hybrids especially BL hybrids. All 7 of my BB's are activated even though on the el cheapo plans (no BIS but I don't need BIS. I did download the service books from Kitty Wireless so I CAN browse the web with the stock web browser!). WHew, I wrote that all in one breathe. haahahha
    10-14-12 06:17 AM
    Mailing system

I can send emails to 50 ppl at the same time :O

BB Rules!
    10-14-12 06:26 AM
    My first BlackBerry was purely work requirement. Prior to that I was an iPhone user for a couple of years. Not a fan of carrying more than 1 phone, so i dropped the iphone.

The BlackBerry surprised me frankly. It was just so easy to use, and the keyboard impressed me. The shortcut keys, the trackpad, and most of all the unified inbox. It saved me a ton of time, not needing to check multiple places for notifications from different sources. But of course over the years, other platforms have been catching up on features, so i can honestly say the gap is much smaller. I've taken a liking to using virtual keyboards too. Now, the unified inbox is the single main thing keeping me on a BB. No matter sms, emails, bbm, whatsapp, facebook, twitter, etc. I just need to check one single location. Its become so convenient for me that when i'm on other platforms, it feels so inconvenient to have to check so many different places for notifications. Especially when i wake up in the morning with tons of notifications from different sources. With unified inbox, i just check one location, read the important ones, and then mark the rest as read.

Then of course most BB i've used had excellent call quality and reception. Making it a very reliable communication device.
    10-14-12 06:28 AM
    security, design and ease of use. Having a blackberry can sometimes makes you stand out from the crowd considering how many people nowadays uses iPhones as androids.

Posted from My Mobile App
    10-14-12 06:53 AM
    I came to BB from a Sidekick, and I wanted reliable email, auto-text, and a good keyboard. A for what keeps me from switching...nothing.I've switched.
    10-14-12 07:00 AM
    My first BB was an 8100. Picked it up on a deal from Rogers (free on a 3 year). I instantly fell in love with all the functionality (email, social apps, etc.). Once my wife also picked one up, I truly started to use the device to its fullest capacity (BBM).

Now on to my third device (went from 8100 to 9000 to 9800) and own a Playbook. Love the integration of the devices. The social apps have improved. Truly a device to get things done. Do I care that it doesn't have "cool" games like the iPhone? Nope.

Bring on BB10!!
    10-14-12 07:28 AM
    BBM. I have to travel Overseas for my job on occasion and BlackBerry is the absolute best device for this! I don't have to turn it off because of the specter of huge data bills.
    10-14-12 07:38 AM
    Secure messaging. Phone management (bes) and logs.

I've had droid and iphone. Like them for their own reasons. Prefer blackberry for productivity.

Sent using Tapatalk
    10-14-12 07:41 AM
    Because it's a great communication device. That's it.
    10-14-12 09:31 AM
    Canadian pride. Plus being awesome phone helped eh
    10-14-12 09:38 AM
    once a Blackberry user always a Blackberry user. Far superior to what's on the market currently and getting better in January 20134!!
    athooya likes this.
    10-14-12 09:51 AM
    I like the keyboard and blinky light! Also its just a phone that stands out now. It gets stuff done. Its not "fun" per se. It just gets work done efficiently. I keep a Berry for serious work and my Android for fun.
    10-14-12 09:51 AM
    If I take a look at all my priorities I have when buying a phone, the Blackberry checks the most boxes for a phone. Sure, it doesn't have the most apps or even the ones we should be having on the platform, but when something like this gets me connected when I want it to...you don't need many apps...honestly. I can do the rest of my work on my tablet or laptop, thank you...
    10-14-12 10:56 AM
    I would honestly be content with my 9900 if the software was improved. It is so unstable when it comes to multimedia like browsing. I do battery pulls at the least once a day. The hardware I love its just the operating system is its major downfall.
    10-14-12 11:09 AM
    Well, the president of the company that I work for had an 8100 and I liked the look of the device so I switched from my Motorola Razor to the 8100. I remember that I was terrified that I'd never learn how to use my BlackBerry properly. Needless to say, I fell in love with everything about the BlackBerry device. Since that first 8100, I've owned an 8110, 9000, 9800, 9700, 9780 and now I use the 9900. I love a physical keyboard. I'm very excited about BB10. For some reason, defying any reasonable explanation, I have a very strong feeling that BB10 is going to be much better than most people expect. I'll admit that I gave a serious look to iPhone and new Samsung Galaxy SIII. The Galaxy is a very nice device and I was tempted to switch. However, something made me decide to wait until after I see the BB10 line of phones.
    10-14-12 11:25 AM
    Simple: A good blend of productivity and ease-of-use. Love the keyboard, trackball (which has now been upgraded to trackpad), and the perfect blend of work and play (Brick breaker!!!). Secure, sexy and sensible: Three words that sums up my experience with BB, and the reason why I won't change to another device.
    10-14-12 11:35 AM
    For me it has been a trial and error type of experience. I have been on all of the major mobile hand sets, and while they all have their strong points, I quickly became bored w them. I also cannot keep w the android competition: always waiting for the next big thing device was getting very old very fast. Iphone only giving you a small sample all the time also got very old.

I really love the way my playbook and 9930 communicate w each other, I don't believe any other os mfr can do this.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    10-14-12 11:39 AM
    The PlayBook with the QNX OS. I came from multiple platforms because I was so impressed with what the QNX core was and what it's capable of doing. I'm so looking forward to it being on a phone. I can honestly say without it I would not have come onboard. RIM has a bright future with QNX as its OS.
    10-14-12 11:48 AM
    Started out because I was finding it more and more annoying to type on my old style phones. I went in search of a phone with a keyboard. It just so happened that my dads office was offloading their old trackwheel Berries and I said I would take one.

I have stayed because I genuinely enjoy the product and have never had a bad one and I am now on my fourth one.

Can't wait to go back to a physical keyboard though. Especially now that I got that stonkin good deal on a PlayBook.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9860 using Tapatalk
    10-14-12 12:29 PM
    Oh and I forgot went to my carrier as they keep informing me I am eligible for an upgrade.

They told me that if I change to any other platform I would have to pay more and the rep actually made a really big deal about compression.

I can't justify almost 20 bucks extra per month to get a larger screen and being stuck with all touch again.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9860 using Tapatalk
    10-14-12 12:37 PM
    I like the keyboard and blinky light! Also its just a phone that stands out now. It gets stuff done. Its not "fun" per se. It just gets work done efficiently. I keep a Berry for serious work and my Android for fun.
    +1!, keyboard is definitely top reason
    10-14-12 02:41 PM
    I had been a Nokia guy for many years and I did look at the BB Storm, but I was put off by the bad reviews. I got my Torch 9800 last year mainly because other family members owned BBs and I have been largely pleased with my choice. The only major problem was when my phone "nuked" whilst on holiday in January.
    My 9800 is now out of contract and I am holding out for BB10. I have lost some BBM contacts, one I have fallen out with, the others have moved to Apple. My cousin is in South America and I would dearly love to be in contact. She has taken her Bold 9700 with her but she seems to be only using her iPad rather than BBM, she has also said that she will definately get an iPhone 5 when she returns. I could go and get an iPhone 5 tomorrow, but I now have so many issues with Apple that any move in that direction would be a reluctant one.When it comes to apps, it's not the major apps on the BB that concern me, it's the more minor ones that only seem to be made for iOS or Android.
    One other thing that will probably keep me with BlackBerry is my PlayBook.
    10-14-12 02:53 PM
87 123 ...