I use my BB as a modem everyday for work. It works fantastic, but after I disconnect the device from my laptop, the phones browser, or any app that needs to access the internet just loads FOREVER...I usually just give up. The only fix is a battery pull. Should I be doing something different when I'm done using the phone as a modem? Are there steps I'm skipping that is causing this problem. When I'm done, I usually just open my VZAccess Manager and hit disconnect (however it still shows that phone is in "modem mode" on my BB). So I usually just disconnect the phone.
    04-17-09 07:37 PM
    my wife has had this problem but it was becouse she would just hit disconect and then unplug it you have to wait till it says disconnected befor unpluging the phone.
    04-17-09 08:01 PM
    I use my phone as a modem for nearly 8 hours a day. Every time I disconnect I have to do a battery pull. I've just accepted itl
    04-17-09 08:03 PM
    Stop paying those high dollar tethering fees.
    PdaNet -- Use your BlackBerry as a USB Modem
    04-17-09 08:06 PM
    Ifyou use this as a modem do you have to pay an extra fee or can i just hook it up and go, or will it incur more money on my monthly bill please help
    04-18-09 12:25 AM
    Stop paying those high dollar tethering fees.
    PdaNet -- Use your BlackBerry as a USB Modem
    I use the phone as a modem for business...what do you suggest I do at a rest area??

Sorry! I see you have a link to check out. My bad!!! And thanks.
    Last edited by jjbrowne72; 04-18-09 at 12:03 PM. Reason: Jumped too soon.
    04-18-09 12:02 PM
    Ifyou use this as a modem do you have to pay an extra fee or can i just hook it up and go, or will it incur more money on my monthly bill please help
    Yes, you do pay a monthly fee to Verizon. However, I've canceled internet at home. I find using my phone as a modem is pretty quick.
    04-18-09 12:05 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD