I am only 4 days into owning my first Blackberry, so I am new to having a data plan. I have the plan which has 450 minutes, free nights/weekends and unlimited everything else.

Im almost embarassed to ask this question:

my phone came loaded (i guess thats the work) with Facebook, Yahoo IM, etc. But I still am prompted to download stuff to get it to work.

I get charged additional money every time I "download" anything, right? or am I wrong?

Im still leary of downloading anything for fear of getting a whopping SURPRISE bill. Kinda would like to know before I start downloading some of the popular programs (viigo, etc)

thanks!
    Last edited by jenniferrichalle; 02-06-09 at 02:10 PM.
    02-06-09 02:06 PM
    Are you on the blackberry data plan which includes unlimited web? Because if so, no you will not be charged for downloading anything, as that is simply using data. Unless of course you are buying something

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-06-09 02:31 PM
    The one that's $69.99 per month? I'm not with Sprint but that one says "Unlimited data: Web surfing, email, BlackBerry Internet Services (BIS), GPS Navigation, Music Premier, TV Premier, NFL Mobile Live, NASCAR Sprint Cup MobileSM" so you should be fine.
    02-06-09 02:33 PM
    Are you on the blackberry data plan which includes unlimited web? Because if so, no you will not be charged for downloading anything, as that is simply using data. Unless of course you are buying something

yes, that is exactly what I have. whew!
    02-06-09 02:35 PM
    DAMN that sounds like a good plan. It's like getting the Nav & the mobi TV for free!
    02-06-09 03:12 PM
    Sprint has the $99 Simply Everything plan that covers all you'd want to do and not pay extra. I didn't know they had similar $69 plan?

02-06-09 06:07 PM
    Sprint has the $99 Simply Everything plan that covers all you'd want to do and not pay extra. I didn't know they had similar $69 plan?

here is what my plan includes, I just signed up this week. maybe the simply everything has unlimited minutes?

Everything Data 450 BlackBerry- $69.99
    Plan Features:
    Everything Data Blackberry 450 $69.99
    450 Anytime Minutes Included (edited to add I get free nights/weekends also)
    Nationwide Long Distance Included
    AMERICA - ROAMING Included
    Unlimited Sms Text Messaging
    Unlimited Picture Mail
    Unlimited Data Usage
    Sprint Navigation
    Unlimited Power Vision
    Unlimited Blackberry Access
    Unlimited Mobile to Mobile
    Caller ID
    Call Waiting
    Three-way Calling
    Voicemail
    02-06-09 06:14 PM
    I think the Simply Everything plan might have 1500 mins, I'd have to go look to be sure but your plan seems differnt than the SE.

02-06-09 06:22 PM
    I have a Sero plan I pay only 59.99

500 not (450) anytime
    Unlim nights Starting @ 6
    Unlim data
    Unlim TxT
    Sprint to Sprint
    Sprint TV
    Sprint Nav

02-06-09 07:06 PM
    There are three simply everything plans. The 450, 900, and unlimited. The only difference is the minutes.

The OP does have a form of the simply everything my guess is she just didn't list everything.

02-06-09 08:28 PM
    Can Anyone Out There Please Tell Me How To Upgrade Verizon Strom From 4.7 To 9.0 ?
    02-06-09 08:33 PM
    Can Anyone Out There Please Tell Me How To Upgrade Verizon Strom From 4.7 To 9.0 ?
    Build a time machine and travel about 10 years into the future?

Seriously though, I've got no idea what you're asking as the newest public release for ANY BB is 4.7.0.xxx
    Last edited by litkaj; 02-06-09 at 08:59 PM.
    02-06-09 08:56 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD