Ok after many problems with my wife's BB she got a different model BB from her orignal device replaced by verizon. When the new BB comes, we want to switch devices cause I really miss having a keyboard. Do I have to first activate the phone on my wifes line, then switch them? Or can I just activate the replacement on my line, and give her my S2? And if I have to start by activating the phone on her line, how long does she have to use it, before switching it to my line?

Thanks in advance for your help all!!
    02-27-10 03:12 PM
    I believe that you can just dial *228 from the replacement phone and go through the activation process with a Verizon phone rep. When they ask for your cell number tell them yours and then they will ask for the last 4 digits of your social security. The BB that you have been using will be deactivated and then you would have to repeat the same process as above, but giving the Verizon phone rep her number, and the last 4 digits of the social security attached to her account. I'm not sure how long you have to wait until activating your original BB on her line, I would ask the Verizon rep that you talk to on the phone. They should be able to tell you.

*I'm not 100% positive on this, but I'm pretty sure that's the route you would take.
    02-27-10 03:32 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD