im having troubles getting this to work. Is there a website that I have to connect to, or is there software or....?
    02-01-10 03:37 PM
    Where did you buy it from, the latest version is now called Tether. It is installed on your phone and PC and you connect via USB. You just need to open it on the PC and phone and it should connect and show packets being sent and recieved on the PC window. There are three connection method options on the phone you can try and see which works best.

Ken
    02-01-10 03:52 PM
    i don;t know but my carrier doesn't support tethering,i have tried numerous times but it doesn't work.
    02-01-10 11:21 PM
    i don;t know but my carrier doesn't support tethering,i have tried numerous times but it doesn't work.
    You tried Tether(berry) and it doesn't work? If you have a working data connection then Tether should work as you are not truly tethering but using a work around (the whole point of the app). Strange.
    02-01-10 11:42 PM
    What carrier are you using? I just tested the trial version of tether for my bb8330 using boost and it worked flawlessly. It was almost suspiciously easy. They don't support tethering as well.

Does anyone have any idea how much data use is safe before they are likely to catch on? I'd like to know before I spring for the full version, as I'd be better off not getting blacklisted by boost.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-02-10 12:50 AM
    Various from carrier to carrier, but it seems the average is ~5GB/mo.
    02-02-10 04:54 AM
    Some carriers like mine don't care. I asked them.

Ken
    02-02-10 08:15 AM
    Might be a dumb question but.... what is tethering?
    02-02-10 08:36 AM
    The phone becomes a WIRELESS modem or link to the Internet. So, say you have a laptop without wireless or your "comcast" goes down for a few hours. With either a usb cable or Bluetooth (new feature of Tether), you "tether" your BB to your computer and it goes to the Internet as if you were connected by a landline (or wifi). Obviously, you still need your phone (YOU) to be in a location where data is available.

Verizon supposedly does NOT allow it by their terms of service - they sell their own tethering monthly. But folks still use it. There are a number of discussions about legal/moral/risks under Verizon.
    02-02-10 09:07 AM
    On Boostmobile.com, in the fine print it states...

"UNLIMITED USE DOES NOT MEAN UNREASONABLE USE."

So I would wager somewhere around 5gb, but I would love to see someone prove me wrong.
    02-02-10 12:23 PM
    What carrier are you using? I just tested the trial version of tether for my bb8330 using boost and it worked flawlessly. It was almost suspiciously easy. They don't support tethering as well.

Does anyone have any idea how much data use is safe before they are likely to catch on? I'd like to know before I spring forD the full version, as I'd be better off not getting blacklisted by boost.

I am trying to set up my 8330 on Boost & I am having no luck not sure but I believe I'm missing sonething

Can you please help me out

Thanks in advance
    05-21-10 02:47 PM
    I actually just made a video that explains how to set up tethering on your computer and how easy it is. Also, if you guys watch it'll explain on how you can even get the tethering serial key for free.

05-21-10 10:55 PM
    Wait, why not use DM's tethering instead of tether itself. Its free, works exactly the same, and works only in usb mode which is what everyone should be using?

05-21-10 11:13 PM
    because DM's tethering is hard to set up and doesn't always work I tried numerous times on so many different computers and never had success on getting it to work.
    05-23-10 02:58 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD