My friend would like to buy my 9700. It is locked to Vodafone.

She is on t_mobile and has added a bb pack to her package as we intend to go ahead with the sale.

She is going to get the handset unlocked tomorrow so she can put her t-mobile sim in it.

My question is, will she be able to use the internet, bbm etc? As I remember I had a phone unlocked from Orange to 02 and I couldn't use the net. Basically is the phone going to be any use to her as obviously I don't want to end up with a useless handset.

Thanks
    05-19-11 02:42 PM
    It should, as long as you release the PIN number. That will happen automatic if you put your SIM into another BlackBerry. If that is not an option, call your carrier to request the release.

Internet, Email and Messenger all depend on the BlackBerry plan.
    05-19-11 02:54 PM
    What pin number? How do I find that? The phone is one that I have from my last contract, so will I just call Vodafone?
    05-19-11 03:02 PM
    Unless you are changing to new BlackBerry, you have to call the carrier to release the PIN.

The PIN is an 8 digit number that may contain A, B, C, D, E and F in addition to 0-9, making 16 choices per digit.

The PIN is used by BlackBerry Messenger, among others, to identify you to your contacts.

You can find it at: Options / Status.
    05-19-11 03:11 PM
    PIN should automatically come off ... The data plan must support BIS for bbm and email to work.
    05-19-11 09:19 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD