Hello everybody need your input for the following scenario,

I am going to purchase a used 8900 from a gsm cell shop and the providor of that phone is rogers... Curently I have a rogers curve 8310 and my bis a/c is also with rogers.... Now after I buy that phone and insert my sim in that used 8900 ( previously on a data plan with someone elses bis a/c) will that pin detect my bis a/c.... I have heard ebay horror stories that one provider bberry like tmobile won't work with other like verzion or rogers.... In this case I am using the same service providor rogers bis a/c on that rogers used phone... do you think I will have ne problem with that if the prev owner did not get the pin released thru rogers...your input is highly appreciated

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-21-09 11:00 PM
    Rogers has misguided me several occasions..I wud rely more on real life experiences from crackberry users

10-21-09 11:04 PM
    you shouldn't have any problems, I have switched from berry to berry under my provider branded models and I have no problems at all
    10-21-09 11:10 PM
    If it were me, I'd call Rogers and make sure it's a clean ESN.
    10-21-09 11:13 PM
    If buying from a reputable dealer, it shouldn't be a problem. There are a number of resale shops selling used and Refurbed units. Make sure you get a guarantee if at all possible.

10-21-09 11:15 PM
    You will first need to make sure the PIN of the new BB has been released from the old provider's BIS. Then you can associate that PIN with your BIS account.
    10-22-09 07:30 AM
    You should limit the posting of your question to one place only, you've asked this in the Rogers forum as well.
    10-22-09 10:33 AM
    Try to call ur service provider first to see if they can unlock your phone
    He is on Rogers, and they will not unlock a phone under any circumstances.

But he's more worried about the PIN, and for that the original owner has to release it.
    10-22-09 11:45 AM
    Do u have to have a data plan for messenger to work ?
    Yes, you need a data plan. A BB data plan specifically.
    10-22-09 12:40 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD