I'm looking to purchase a 4GB memory card fairly soon, and was just wondering what do people store on them? Can I put my Google Maps, Jivetalk, and my other apps on it and would they still work? Or is the memory card only used for DATA (such as wallpapers, ringtones, pictures, songs, movies, etc?).

I got about 7-8MB of free internal memory left (it actually goes down everytime I check it, was around 11MB this morning and now it's at 7.4 , anyone know why?) and I really need to start making room for my transferable stuff.

Any help is appreciated, thanks.
    02-25-08 12:18 AM
    As far as I understand it, you can only store applications to your phone, however, I am not sure...
    What I put on my card is music, pictures, ringtones etc.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-25-08 12:21 AM
    SD Card is basically for your entertainment. Music, ringtones, videos, and pics.

Things you can do to give your self more memory is delete the blackberry video that comes on it, clear cache, and pull the battery once in awhile. Also here is a good link to read.

http://www.blackberryforums.com/gene...ee-memory.html
    02-25-08 12:27 AM
    You guys are awesome, thanks for the quick responses
    02-25-08 12:31 AM
    Oh yeah, another question. How would I go about transferring my current entertainment files to the SD card once I have insert it?
    02-25-08 12:35 AM
    Use the Desktop manager for blackberry.
    02-25-08 12:38 AM
    you can also get a good cheap USB Memory card reader for your pc also, which i would suggest if you wind up with more than one memory card, you can load both up and swap them out as needs arise.

cheers
    02-25-08 03:00 AM
    I think of my SD memory as a mico hard drive. I can store and retrieve files with the correct applications.

The device memory is far to precious to be use for picture, music or video clips. There is only so much left to go around after the Java machine and all the applications are loaded.

Throw in the Browser cache and what little memory is left is quickly consumed. When the memory reaches a critical level, the device runs it's clean up routine. That clears the cache and purges older files.
    02-25-08 10:16 AM
    I use a USB card reader to drag and drop my ringtones and wallpapers. Keeps them all in one location and saves memory on the BB.
    02-25-08 10:58 AM
    yup! just ordered a 2gb kingston microSD card. gonna use it to store some songs, movies, pics, and my ringtones

thanks guys
    02-27-08 01:12 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD