Ok, here's the deal ...

I have my BB Pearl (8100) security locked upon 5 minutes of inactivity, or when holstered. I really like the peace of mind that comes with knowing that if I lose by BB or if someone steals it, there is very little chance of them getting to my personal information stored on the phone.

However, here's the (relatively minor) problem. I routinely make calls using my BT headset. Since the BB is set to lock when holstered, I need to enable the feature that allows you to make outgoing calls when locked. So, although a potential thief does not have access to my complete address book or any other information stored on my BB, a thief does have access to my most recent calls via the call log. Depending on my recent calls, I may have some private information in my recent call log -- for example, the phone number and PIN for my international calling card. This could obviously give a potential thief the ability to rack up a lot of international calling fees that would be charged to me.

So, although this is a relatively minor problem, I'm wondering if there is a way to allow outgoing phone calls without revealing the recent call log.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.
    05-27-08 01:50 PM
    I am no expert on the subject, but I am fairly certain that you can't
    05-29-08 01:42 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD