I�ve had a Samsung Strastophere Android with a keyboard for about 9 months and I hate it � short battery life, resets frequently, I can�t type on its keyboard and I don�t like touch screens for typing and I hate the camera. Previously, I used a Blackberry Curve 8330 (which I still have un-activated), and I loved everything about it, except that I was unable to access one of my bank accounts which I use frequently.

I want to go back to my Blackberry for my email and messaging (and may purchase a tablet to access my account), but now I read about the possibility of Blackberry 10 coming on the market, which may have the app I need for my account. Does anyone know when it might be available, and whether or not it will have a keyboard similar to the Curve 8830?
    09-21-12 07:40 AM
    it will come out around January 2013, and it is rumoured that the first BB10 will be a full touchscreen device.. but the next one will be with a qwerty keyboard.. I'm guessing RIM will be releasing 10 devices for they releases 7 for BB7..

You could always get the new BB7 curve that is already out on the market now.. or you could wait..

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    09-21-12 07:44 AM
    Everything I've heard so far is that they will both be release together, so they don't alienate any users in the process. Except those of us that like the slide out keyboard.
    09-21-12 07:46 AM
    I can sympathize -- my ******** bank has a mobile app for those other two platforms, but not for BB (and no, that isn't why the bank is ******** -- there are lots of other reasons, this is just one of them).

The best info we have right now on the release of BB10 is first quarter 2013. RIM has also been very tight-lipped about what 3rd party apps are going to be available at launch -- or ever. As for specific banking apps, I would have to guess that each bank is going to take a wait-and-see approach on BB10 and probably not develop for it until it looks like it will take off. Discouraging, yes -- but I'd be very surprised if there are a bunch of institution-specific banking apps ready and waiting in AppWorld the day BB10 hits the street.

As for the BB10 devices, again all we have are rumors and leaked images of the dev Alpha devices, and even that is touch-screen only. But we have been assured that a physical keyboard model similar to the Bold will be coming at the same time as or very shortly after the first full touch screen model.
    09-21-12 08:07 AM
    Everything I've heard so far is that they will both be release together
    Actually all of the articles are mentioning that they will be MARKETED together, but the QWERTY version is supposed to follow within about 3 weeks.
    09-21-12 08:17 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD