If I were to deactivate my blackberry, and temporarily switch to another phone which is non blackberry (droid, for example), what happens to my blackberry email account? How long before I have to start from scratch and set up a new username? Would I still log in with the same user name and password at the verizon/ blackberry/BIS website?
    01-29-11 05:32 PM
    Since you are on VZW it would get de activated as soon as you switched from BIS to the other phones Data.
    All existence would be removed from BIS. If you had a GSM provider you could just SIM swap.

If you can get them to leave the data package as BIS, it will still work fine.

It depends how nice the person you are dealing is, and how well they know the VZW system.

But yeah if you go from a BB data plan to a 'smartphone' data plan... poof its gone.
    artdeco likes this.
    01-29-11 05:35 PM
    I was just thinking after this outage, might be nice to have a back up phone, and just switch phonesnthrough the verizon website....but I guess that means reassigning blackberry email with a possible new address/ username each time...bummer. So I'm guessing this would happen also is you were just switching phones between blackberries or a replacement blackberry phone also?
    01-29-11 05:41 PM
    well the phone still worked during the outage, just push email didnt.

my browser never died today, and i checked my email via weblogin until it came back.
    01-29-11 05:43 PM
    well the phone still worked during the outage, just push email didnt.

my browser never died today, and i checked my email via weblogin until it came back.
    I'm in So Cal, I had intermittent data and email outage for more than two weeks...
    01-29-11 05:46 PM
    switch to ATT?
    01-29-11 05:49 PM
    switch to ATT?
    Thought seriously about it, would like to try the torch, but in my area thosewho have it complain bitterly of dropped calls. I must say to verizons credit, that is one issue I don't have...lately the only one, lol
    01-29-11 05:52 PM
    The data problems that were happening in California were affecting plenty of Verizon
    users outside of the BB realm too. I wouldn't be that concerned. Verizon has to work
    on their networks in anticipation of the iPhone. I'd be more concerned about BIS
    issues due to an issue with RIM and not an issue with the carrier's data network.
    01-29-11 06:50 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD