I am a new BB user - love it, a lot. I have read through most of the forums and blogs and learned a great deal from this site. Thank you - this site is extremely helpful.

My BB is personal but I had work set up an enterprise work email account on my it for email, calendar, etc.. Question, can I also run personal email accounts at the same time on the same device? I suspect I can, if so, can someone be kind enough to direct me to instructions on how to setup. I've searched this site and BB.com but haven't found anything specific yet.

The device is a 8310, OS v4.5.110.

Thanks in advance...
    01-12-09 12:09 AM
    Go to your carrier's BIS website and setup almost any personal email account you want (I think up to 10):

Login to you BIS site depending on your carrier. The most popular carriers are listed below.

01-12-09 08:38 AM
    Trucky is correct. Integration of all accounts is. IMHO, one of BlackBerry's best features!

I'd note that you can also set up accounts from your device by opening the EMail Setup icon on your home screen.

Each account will create its own icon on the home screen and BIS messages will be delivered to that mailbox as well as to the master mailbox. Having set up multiple accounts, many people then like the ability to separate corporate mail from that master box, so there's a great app called BES Mailbox at Empower BlackBerry HTML Email Viewer that you can install if you like.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-12-09 08:49 AM
    Guys, is there a way and how do I make my personal e-mail be an Enterprise Email Accounts and if you guys know cost of it...
    01-12-09 09:11 AM
    The only way is to connect through a BES server. Mostly that's a corporate service so if you're with a company check with your IT department to see if it's available. If not, there are hosting services whose names I don't remember but you could do a CrackBerry or Google search for something like "BES hosting" or maybe just BES. I think I recall seeing threads about cost being in the range of $10 a month.

01-12-09 09:23 AM
    For the information and comfirmation.
    01-12-09 10:08 AM
    I'm doing something similar to the OP - I have a personal BB device for which, on the date of acquisition, I added my *personal* email account via BIS.

Now, I'm in the process of adding my *work* email, calendars, etc. via BES. I've added BES service to my cell phone account (w/Sprint) and going to be purchasing a CAL. At work, the IT guys tell me there are no restrictions and I can use all of the functions of my BB (well, all of the functions enabled by Sprint). So, no IT policies to mention.

My question is this: in my set-up can, work *see* (read or recover) my *personal* email accounts?

I'm not involved in any illegal activity or such, but I am my family's lawyer (in the sense that *I* get discreetly approached at family functions about this or that situation) plus a LOT of guys seem to forward me the "risque" emails - which I have sent to my personal account, not work.

Do BIS and BES co-exist side-by-side or . . . once you go BES *everything* runs through BES?
    01-12-09 10:42 AM
    <BigSnip>
    Do BIS and BES co-exist side-by-side or . . . once you go BES *everything* runs through BES?
    It varies by IT policy but they *can* force everything on your device through BES and they *can* pretty much control the device and what you can do on it. Now, whether or not your BES admin *does* all that is up to them. I think you will need to check with your BES admin for the answer.

01-12-09 05:03 PM
    Following-up on this thread, last night, I was able to add a personal email account via the BIS to my corporate-owned Blackberry w/ BES. Generally, I am heavily restricted from accessing non-business web sites on the BB, including personal email sites via webmail login. So, I was quite surprised that I was unrestricted from adding the personal email account via BIS.

I have two questions: First, does utilizing BIS to setup/access my personal email cost my company anything more than would the BES (large corporation with 20,000+ users)? Second, and similar to a question above, will my Blackberry admins be able to view my personal email that is sent to the Blackberry? I note that the personal emails do not appear on my desktop-based corporate email, accessed via Outlook.

Thanks.
    Last edited by ufcpa; 05-04-10 at 06:16 AM.
    05-04-10 03:51 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD