Hey everyone,
    Just curious. I got my Bold 9930 and just love it. I've spent quite a bit of time customizing it in ways that only BB can (e-mail shortcuts, speed dial, perfect apps etc.) and I've shown it to friends.

The response I've gotten is surprise and some awe. I have a couple of friends that left BB (Tour) and came back after they saw mine. I also have a couple of friends that got Torches (ATT friends) and of course a couple that saw it and liked it but were just fine with their current droid or iPhone. The returning BB users saw the youtube speeds as well as the internet speeds and they basically started marching to the local Sprint store.

Could you tell me if you have or have not show off your BB OS7 to others? If so, what is the reaction you are getting? Which OS7 BB did you get?

Thanks
    donnyphone likes this.
    09-21-11 08:27 AM
    Hey everyone,

Just curious. I got my Bold 9930 and just love it. I've spent quite a bit of time customizing it in ways that only BB can (e-mail shortcuts, speed dial, perfect apps etc.) and I've shown it to friends.

The response I've gotten is surprise and some awe. I have a couple of friends that left BB (Tour) and came back after they saw mine. I also have a couple of friends that got Torches (ATT friends) and of course a couple that saw it and liked it but were just fine with their current droid or iPhone. The returning BB users saw the youtube speeds as well as the internet speeds and they basically started marching to the local Sprint store.

Could you tell me if you have or have not show off your BB OS7 to others? If so, what is the reaction you are getting? Which OS7 BB did you get?

Thanks

.. About 2 weeks ago.. A manager in the place where I work, saw my 9930.. Without actually testing the device, 15 minutes later he asked me where I got it from and for how much.. Upon getting the information on where to get it and the price, he then transferred money to my account and told me to get him the exact device that I had and help him set it up..

9930 - 7.0.0.XXX - on Tapatalk
    guerllamo7 likes this.
    09-21-11 08:50 AM
    You betcher bippy I have! Even impressed some of my iFriends.
    09-21-11 08:52 AM
    BOLD 9930!!!! i absolutely LOVE my phone! so do my friends!! haha my boyfriend has the iphone 4 and hes even said it looks good and is diff from anyblackberry hes had (pearl and curve). my friends that have at&t have torches and are dying for their own 99xx series, my mom had the tour and once she saw my new bb she went and upgraded to the 9900 from tmobile. rim should keep this up and rimpire will be back in no time! i believe when they release the qnx lines they should have a variety as well so people have options to choose to suit their likings absolutely hands down love my 9930!!
    guerllamo7 likes this.
    09-21-11 09:02 AM
    How does it feel to hold? I worry that its too thin?

9780 owner.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-21-11 09:09 AM
    Hi,
    I felt the same concern coming from the Torch. Frankly, after getting it I was not used to the light device but after a short while the familiarity started setting in and it is now very comfortable. It just feels great.
    A light device is good for many other reasons but it is really the HUGE keyboard that I love. The Torch is very nice and if you enjoy surfing the web the bigger screen will trump the better keyboard.
    I love that BB gives people different models to chose from. I got the Bold 9930 but if the bigger screen is important then the Torch is awesome and it does have that faux 4G.

If you don't know which one to get after playing with both, consider the Torch because it is selling for 49.99 or so. Once you hold the Bold 9930 in your hand you will know if you want it. However, consider buying it on line because it could save you 50 bucks.
    09-21-11 09:30 AM
    I have shown mine to many people, more business associates over Friends,

I actually was talking a customer into buying a 9360 yesterday, he saw my Bold and asked about it, he's sporting the 8330 still and is thinking maybe he'll upgrade but doesn't like the Bold Keyboard.

We'll see next quarter when I visit again if he's upgraded after I talked up OS7 so much
    guerllamo7 likes this.
    09-21-11 10:13 AM
    I told my friends and some family that I'm going back to BlackBerry. Even my mom made fun of me.
    mithrazor likes this.
    09-21-11 10:15 AM
    Yeah, people know BB for the old models.
    I'm sorry your mom made fun of you.
    Maybe, you can change her mind after you show her the new OS7 device.
    Thanks for the reply.
    09-21-11 10:41 AM
    I told my friends and some family that I'm going back to BlackBerry. Even my mom made fun of me.
    you sure it was for wanting a Blackberry? and not just because you're easy to make fun of
    Chrisy likes this.
    09-21-11 10:43 AM
    Hey everyone,

Thanks
    I usually rock my 9930 with a outer skin on it, so most folks that see it think its a typical blackberry. But once I take the skin off and let them see it naked they're amazed by the style and build quality. Hardcore Droid and iPhone users still think the screen is too small, but EVERYONE that uses the keyboard thinks its the best ever.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    guerllamo7 likes this.
    09-21-11 11:23 AM
    I showed my Rogers 9900 to my onsite AT&T rep at lunch today. He was impressed. He likes his Torch2, and has zero info on the 9900 release. At least he knew what "Rogers" was.
    09-21-11 12:01 PM
    I showed my new BB to my parents and now they want one. I'm at Sprint so I had to pay more for mine (worth every penny too). Since they are at AT&T they can get the new Torch for $49.00!! Wow! I already bought them a Playbook for Christmas too.
    09-21-11 12:38 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD