Ok I have a question.....and hoping someone out there knows enough to explain and how i can prevent this. MY now ex gf has someone who apparently hacked into my blackberry and was able to read my texts. I am 99% sure she didn't just read them herself. She also claimed she was able to read texts from my phone that i actually had sent back because i busted the screen. I have sprint so no sim to break into. Sprint was no help but to say they can't actually see texts they can see how many characters but not actual words not even tech support can see so I don't know how else she could have someone get into my texts and stuff especially with a phone that has been disabled and no longer in use and not in my possession. So anyone have any ideas here how someone could do this? I am not asking for hacker secrets. I have enabled the encryption on my blackberry but since then programs like skydeck keep screwing up on me so any help would be appreciated....
    03-11-10 03:32 PM
    Do you have any strange apps in your App list? If not it's highly unlikely that anyone hacked your BB. An app would need to be installed on your phone to do that, did she have time and access to your BB to do that? If your that worried about it, you can wipe and re-install the OS. That would give you a clean slate. You can also install the app "Kisses" available in AppWorld. It will scan and look for processes/apps that could be doing spying on you.

I think she was just trying to trick you into to confessing something, those spying apps can be expensive, and a pain in the ***.
    03-11-10 04:13 PM
    yes wipe and install..keep your bluetooth off when not being actively used also..there are programs that can be hidden on any newer device with bluetooth that allows that...also to turn on the mic and "listen in" at anytime...as well as listen in on calls...

she would need the program and your berry for about 2 minutes to get it loaded...
    03-11-10 04:23 PM
    interesting info so far and no she had info that she shouldn't of been able to know....i have a password and encryption on now but seems to screw with a few appps but i will have to look for that kisses app..appworld...here or blackberry appworld
    03-11-10 04:31 PM
    Encryption is probably not that big of a deal, password protecting your BB is a great idea though. I wouldn't be too worried about it, if she claims something, ask her how she knows???

here's the app BlackBerry App World - Kisses the spyware detector
    03-11-10 04:41 PM
    OR exchange your bb through sprint's TEP service, your esn has been cloned, the only explanation for this ordeal.
    03-11-10 07:20 PM
    OR exchange your bb through sprint's TEP service, your esn has been cloned, the only explanation for this ordeal.
    this could be as well. but i think, in reality, its very hard to do. i would start by wiping and reinstalling the OS.
    03-11-10 07:47 PM
    Not hard at all with cdma workshop. simple 3 minute task.
    03-11-10 07:49 PM
    If you had kept all that data on your phone or someone had access to your backup files off your phone, all they'd have to do is use ABC Amber to read the contents of it, including texts, etc.

There are other means as well which require either direct access to your phone to load stuff or otherwise. If attached to a BES, the admin can see everything you send and receive on the BB if they wish to, even down to what calls you take or make.

Mostly, if you messed up and someone calls you on it, a smart person can actually get you to confess by forcing you to think they know something they don't actually know and in the end, your actions/tone/body language gives you away.
    03-11-10 08:00 PM
    Mostly, if you messed up and someone calls you on it, a smart person can actually get you to confess by forcing you to think they know something they don't actually know and in the end, your actions/tone/body language gives you away.
    The most underrated theory to this sort of subject ^^^^^^^^
    03-11-10 08:01 PM
    The most underrated theory to this sort of subject ^^^^^^^^
    And the only way to get around that is to truly believe your own lies and know that you didn't actually do what you're being accused of doing. Unfortunately, not everyone is enough of a psycho to pull it off.
    03-11-10 08:10 PM
    yeah she probably made you confess to something by pretending she knew... anyone that can hack a bb probably doesn't know or want to know your ex. most likely she actually had physcial access to your phone and saw a few of your texts or just said she did and you confessed.
    03-11-10 08:10 PM
    Well no she threw things out that were very specific I didn't give it out and well does not seem very easy to do so I am still scratching my head and when questioned she won't tell me of course. TEP is that the insurance?...i just got this phone through that...$100 to replace my 8330m with this 8530....well i am gonna try kisses i see no weird programs on my phone i do the alt and back button to see what is running and nothing there. I know if I had a sim card that is easy to clone...but no sim here...hmm well getting some interesting feedback here.....
    03-11-10 09:26 PM
    Beezie, you still haven't said if your ex or her friend had physical access to your phone to install such a spyware program. Has she? It only takes a few moments alone with the device to do so. Either way, wipe that device ASAP and you're in the clear.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-11-10 10:34 PM
    Or...don't do anything you shouldn't be doing?

That would be the easiest thing to do to avoid this... :-/
    03-11-10 10:40 PM
    Or...don't do anything you shouldn't be doing?

That would be the easiest thing to do to avoid this... :-/
    Not doing anything he shouldn't be doing is the easiest way to avoid being spied on?? lol he's not cheating, he is being spied on by some psycho ex girlfriend.
    The easiest thing to do to avoid this would be to have his younger, prettier, new girlfriend approach the ex and tell her to get a life....maybe give her a swat on her flabby hiney to boot.

03-11-10 11:20 PM
    She's your ex, yes? Ignore her. What is the point of caring? You aren't sending national secrets to anyone.

So you get all upset and confront her probably. guess, what, that's just validating her actions and keeping you in her life. Move in and stop caring. Easy.
    03-12-10 12:37 AM
    I'll never trust anything written on paper or any other media as being secure, and certainly not anything sent over a network and stored on a mass marketed device.
    03-12-10 01:46 AM
    This whole thread reads like you're sending texts to people under the assumption the people you're sending texts to are keeping the texts to themselves. You may want to re-think that assumption.

This subject comes up a lot on many different forums, and it's usually the case that somebody is blabbin.

Messaging-101... never send a text/im/email that you'll regret sending if the wrong person sees it. Every week Judge Judy will see some poor sap of an ex-boyfriend drop his jaw when the ex-girlfriend pipes up with a text message which he never considered would be saved.
    Last edited by rmjones101; 03-12-10 at 03:39 AM.
    03-12-10 03:34 AM
    a simple way that i don't think anyone thought of (unless i missed it in this thread) is to do a back up restore. if you have recently backed up your BB, perhaps your EX grabbed the back up file and decided to restore her BB as if it was yours. this would put all messages back on to her device, she would be able to see history, but not send new ones as her phone number differs from yours. is it possible she has access to your PC?
    03-12-10 01:29 PM
    I don't know if when the device's content protection is enabled, that protects the backed-up data also (requiring the device password to decrypt). However, it's probably best to keep backups on an encrypted drive, or encrypt the files themselves. You could get something like PGP or BestCrypt for this.
    03-12-10 04:04 PM
    She's your ex, yes? Ignore her. What is the point of caring? You aren't sending national secrets to anyone.

So you get all upset and confront her probably. guess, what, that's just validating her actions and keeping you in her life. Move in and stop caring. Easy.

03-12-10 04:22 PM
    Several Spyware apps exist but must have physical access to the device and increased permissions. There are no hacks or spyware for the BlackBerry that do not require this. ESN cloning is possible, but unlikely. These apps can be found online all the time.
    03-12-10 04:37 PM
    You know this is the sort of "big brother is watching " stuff that scares the stuff out of me.
    03-12-10 07:56 PM
    Yeah I know there is a way that say law enforcement can get your text messages if they have a subpoena so Sprint saying they can't see text messages any sort of way does not ring true either cause I bet if if I was being investigated for a crime or something they could subpoena Sprint and get a history of my text msgs
    03-12-10 09:39 PM
40 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD