Ok let me try to explane this one... Ive never done this before but i tried it you can join a radio stations VIP club they call it, you get info on prizes and contest and i tried with a news station. ok i joined but i never get any of the texts from them, the radio or the news is there a setting where you can add your phone number or something to your text messages so when you text them it showes up maybe i have it hidden? i looked i cant find anything that would be stopping this. maybe i should call the radio or news station .or get a life lol i only do it when im bored at work siting at my desk, like now haha ok any ideas ??
    07-10-10 02:44 PM
    Don't Know if this will help but a few months back I tried texting into a TV station. Example= txt fever to #51073. When I tried to send it SMS I kept getting an error message, but when I sent it MMS it went through.
    07-10-10 04:12 PM
    maybe i should call the radio or news station .or get a life lol
    one of those options is gonna be the golden ticket....

in all seriousness, is the number of the station you are trying to text in a standard number format or something else? oh and you are aware that by texting radio or tv stations, its usually a $0.99-$2.99 charge per message and sometimes automatically enrolls you into garbage for like $9.99 a month. i would suggest you not even do it.
    07-10-10 09:11 PM
    i forget the number its not like 555-555-5555 its more like 55555.
    if i see a car accident or traffic and tell them about it or text a comment about a conversation they are having they get it right away. for example we had a heat wave they ask what temp is it, so i text in 108 and they read it. but they are suppose to give you hints about contest and stuff going on. They say standard text rates apply but i have unlimited on my plan so i think im good. i guess maybe ill just callem,
    Last edited by jwsnj3rd; 07-11-10 at 07:29 AM.
    07-11-10 07:25 AM
    Don't Know if this will help but a few months back I tried texting into a TV station. Example= txt fever to #51073. When I tried to send it SMS I kept getting an error message, but when I sent it MMS it went through.
    so you send an email? just the same way as youd send a text i never tried that before.
    to: would be 51073
    subject: would be fever
    when you say tried did it work lol, but i dont get an error message and they get my messages i just dont get a text back unless im the only guy doing it so they figure why bother lol
    Last edited by jwsnj3rd; 07-11-10 at 07:37 AM.
    07-11-10 07:34 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD