I'm asking this question with regard to the lack of control we have over android app permissions on blackberry. Does encrypting both phone and memory card data prevent these apps from the automatic permissions they have in viewing delicate personal information? Thanks
    03-11-14 01:17 PM
    I'm asking this question with regard to the lack of control we have over android app permissions on blackberry. Does encrypting both phone and memory card data prevent these apps from the automatic permissions they have in viewing delicate personal information? Thanks

Excessive permissions due to the fact that you cannot selectively grant or deny permissions on an Android app is always an issue.

There was a recent version of Android Jellybean that had a selective permissions editor, but Google removed it in later builds claiming it was "just a test".

Encrypting a BlackBerry means that the data on the device and/or media card is encrypted and cannot be accessed without unlocking the device with a passcode which is linked to the encryption key.

This has nothing to do with how apps access data in operation mode, otherwise everything would constantly be breaking without necessary filesystem access.
    03-11-14 02:11 PM