Built for Business - Learn more about BlackBerry KEY2
    I am using z30/z10 so I'm familiar with BlackBerry 10.
    I want to know if I can had additional complex language (not English letters) ,how I can switch between the two keyboards layout assuming that I know the location of the second language letters location by head, would someone make this test and let me know. I really would like to have the passport,but before I buy I want to be sure that I will be able to communicate with my family in my own language, thanks

Posted via CB10
    11-07-14 02:08 AM
    I have been playing with a demo unit at a store a couple of days ago and added Russian language in addition to by default activated German and English languages. Afterwards among the virtual buttons on the screen there is one which allows switching between the languages!

Posted via CB10 on my Q10
    11-07-14 02:19 AM
    I have been playing with a demo unit at a store a couple of days ago and added Russian language in addition to by default activated German and English languages. Afterwards among the virtual buttons on the screen there is one which allows switching between the languages!

Posted via CB10 on my Q10
    Thanks that was useful, did you bought the passport or planing to? I really can't decide because of this issue,I'm not typing 100% blind with the second language, so it's difficult to decide

Posted via CB10
    11-07-14 02:32 AM
    Thanks that was useful, did you bought the passport or planing to? I really can't decide because of this issue,I'm not typing 100% blind with the second language, so it's difficult to decide

Posted via CB10
    I did not buy it yet, however, I plan on pulling the trigger anyday now. My contract is over by the end of this month and I was able to find a new one. It offers the Passport at extremely favorable conditions!

Your concern is absolutely understandable! I was also struggling to type blindly in the Russian language on the demo Passport due to the changed keyboard layout and only with latin letter being printed on it. However, I can recall having a similar issue when I got myself a Q10 one year ago, which I perfectly got used to by now. Therefore, I am less afraid of not being able to adapt. Just in the case it should happen and I will not be able to get used to it, I will sell the Passport and stay with my old, good Q10.

If I were you, I would have given it at least a try! If you type blindly every day, it doesn't take long to get used to it!
    11-07-14 03:24 AM
    I have the PP and I switch between danish and English. Both are installed on the device.
    The nice thing is that I don't have to switch keyboards when typing. The PP OS just knows when I type, what language the words are in.
    I can write a combo of these two languages if I want, I just type along.
    The forth row on-screen has a globe symbol for manually switching languages if need be, but I don't really use that.
    Secondly if you run into a situation where it gets confused you just press and hold a letter which gives you available options for 'strange' letters. Then release and tap your way to the right letter on the keys and when you reach the right letter (i.e. It's highlighted) you just press the next letter the word, meaning you just keep typing along - actually the fastest way of getting the job done. May sound complicated but it's easy-peasy once you know how it works and try it out.
    Don't know if that answers your query...but for my combo of languages it works very nicely indeed

Posted via CB10
    11-07-14 06:20 AM
    I have the PP and I switch between danish and English. Both are installed on the device.
    The nice thing is that I don't have to switch keyboards when typing. The PP OS just knows when I type, what language the words are in.

Posted via CB10
    I can only add that no need to switch between the input language holds true for languages which use the same alphabet. In the case of the latin alphabet some languages are for example English, Danish, German and Dutch.
    11-07-14 06:39 AM
    The forth row on-screen has a globe symbol for manually switching languages if need be, but I don't really use that.
    Secondly if you run into a situation where it gets confused you just press and hold a letter which gives you available options for 'strange' letters. Then release and tap your way to the right letter on the keys and when you reach the right letter (i.e. It's highlighted) you just press the next letter the word, meaning you just keep typing along - actually the fastest way of getting the job done. May sound complicated but it's easy-peasy once you know how it works and try it out.
    Don't know if that answers your query...but for my combo of languages it works very nicely indeed

Posted via CB10
    Thanks for the explanation, I will try it this evening because I just bought one :-)

Posted via CB10
    Andy_bb_king likes this.
    11-07-14 07:22 AM

Posted via CB10
    Sadly this trick with the keyword doesn't work with my language so I have to get use to finding the letters,any way this the first time I have a physical keyboard and beside the fact that I'm enjoying typing on the keyword I don't make mistakes like pressing the wrong keys like in a touch keyword. It's very nice, I think now I understand the users who don't like the touch keyboard. I don't type faster and not sure if I will but I type more accurate.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by Rami Bachar; 11-08-14 at 11:44 PM.
    11-07-14 01:25 PM
    Hi rami, by your name I am guessing you are wondering if you could type arabic on the passport. I have a Q10 and I tried typing arabic on it, and it works fine If you know where the letters would be. For some letters and accents, you have to hold down the key for more options to pick from. Hope that answers your question.

Posted via CB10
    11-07-14 02:53 PM
    Ok close enough haha

Posted via CB10
    Rami Bachar likes this.
    11-08-14 01:30 PM