You are too addict.
    That may or may not be true. I'll be sure to check out the addiction threads after I'm done mowing!

There's more to it than addiction. Sometimes I'm on call for work. Other times I want to get the call if it's for overtime at work. Sometimes I'm expecting a call from friends or family but want to get the mowing done instead of just waiting around, and watching the grass get taller by the minute. I have a mobile phone so I can get my calls anytime I want them.

Now the land line, I do leave that one in the house!
    06-09-08 12:56 AM
    I'm never even home when the workers mow my lawn

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-09-08 01:05 AM
    What did everyone do before there were cell phone? If you can't be away from your BB for an hour of two, then have someone do your lawn while you wait by the phone.

06-09-08 04:37 AM
    Good way to chop off something! Just leave it in the house unless your the President or something, and want to wreck your berry.

06-09-08 04:44 AM
    Before cell phones? I left my bag phone in the house. Before that, I put on my headphones and turned on my cassette player. Prior to that, I shut up and cut the grass

06-09-08 05:07 AM
    I left my bag phone in the house.
    Is it weird that I still have a bag phone? Don't use it, but I have it. Call it nostalga...
    06-09-08 05:20 AM
    Is it weird that I still have a bag phone? Don't use it, but I have it. Call it nostalga...
    Not weird at all. I still have my first computer, a Delta Gold 8088.
    06-09-08 05:24 AM
    Wow. My first comp was a Tandy 1000 ex. It was about 1/32 as powerful as my Berry.
    06-09-08 05:44 AM
    I'll continue the hijack...I still have my first computer I got back in 1981...a Radio Shack TRS-80 Color Computer...and it still works!
    06-09-08 10:05 AM
    What did everyone do before there were cell phone? If you can't be away from your BB for an hour of two, then have someone do your lawn while you wait by the phone.

Um, before cell phones? You're going back quite a ways. Before cell phones, I didn't have the kind of job I do now, nor the commitments that make me want to work overtime if it's available.
    06-09-08 11:02 AM
    Wow. My first comp was a Tandy 1000 ex. It was about 1/32 as powerful as my Berry.
    Holy heck I had one of these.. Totally forgot about the good old Tandy... yikes!
    06-09-08 11:22 AM
    I'll continue the hijack..
    Yeah, we did didn't we. Let's let this get back on topic.

Seriously, anything I'm doing outdoors that involves dust, water or grass, the phone stays inside.
    06-09-08 12:09 PM
    Leave it inside, or if it is absolutely necessary your coming Otterbox should do the trick.

First computer - Vic-20. Learned BASIC programming, then took it in college.

First cell - Bag phone - of course. Those things were so powerful, even in the spotty coverage of the early days.
    06-09-08 01:13 PM
    I mow about 4.5 acres. I keep my berry with me in an otterbox. I use it to listen to music and radio podcasts while I mow. Just put in the earbuds and go. That way I don't miss any calls or emails either. I never worry about dust or debris with my otterbox. Last weekend my 6 month old puked all over my phone and all I had to do is wipe it down.

06-09-08 05:10 PM
    for the past half dozen years i have been in and out of dusty, dirty, industrial, work sites and job sites....

and the thing that i keep goping back to...above all the expensive otterbox and ballistic nylon and hard plastic military cases...

is a sandwich sized ZIPLOC bag.

cheap...easy...dust, dirt, slime proof, and water RESISTANT! I emphasize this because ziploc bags are NOT water proof...but a little splash of (say) orange soda that happens to splash on the bb while in the adjacent cupholder...or dust from lawn clippings, or sawedust from a cabinet shop...

no sweat...

pull it out at the end of the day..like new...

-db
    06-09-08 05:35 PM
    I have a MotoRkr S9 stereo bluetooth headset and it is awful!!! I have to hold my Pearl about midchest for it to work. If I walk and keep it in my hand at waist level, it pauses and skips. If it is in my pocket, it won't work at all. I can't use it at all when I mow, which is the reason I bought it. Any help would be appreciated. I am about to return it and just get a single ear set, but if I can get it to work properly, I would rather keep it.
    06-10-08 01:58 PM
41 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD