This may seem silly, but I'm gonna ask anyway. Whenever I mow my lawn I get grass in my shoes, my pockets, even my belly button if I'm bagging. I want to leave my BB in the house but I still want to receive my messages and calls when I'm mowing, esp. if it's important. So I carry my 8130 in my pocket. Doesn't get dirty but dusty I'm sure.

How do the rest of you lawn mowers feel? Do you carry yours even when you mow?

Silly I know, but I'm sleep deprived at the moment!
    06-08-08 01:23 AM
    ... get some sleep.
    06-08-08 05:23 AM
    i leave mine inside. dont want to take a chance with all the dust flying around.
    06-08-08 06:27 AM
    I keep my mine in my pocket. I don't have a big lawn so it only takes me an hour and a half to finish. But I don't get dust or grass anywhere near. How big are ur lawns, how long are you out there in other words?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-08-08 06:43 AM
    In my pocket, then on the patio when I do the nestea plunge into the pool
    I have a screen cover and a rubberized case, keeps most/all the dust out. I need the tunes, when I'm doing work around the house.

06-08-08 06:53 AM
    When I am out mowing the lawn or on a bike ride I will put the BB in a zip bag. You can hear it and see it but it remains dry and clean. Just unzip and use if you have to.

Of course taking an hour or 2 away from the BB isn't a terrible idea....

06-08-08 06:56 AM
    Ever since my power incident with my first Pearl I usually leave it in the house or garage

Of course taking an hour or 2 away from the BB isn't a terrible idea....
    So very true
    06-08-08 08:04 AM
    I usually leave mine in the house when I am doing yard work. I just check it when I go inside. It usually takes me about 3-4 hours to finish my lawn. I don't mind taking a break from my BB once in a while.

06-08-08 08:11 AM
    Mow the lawn then attend to you berry.
    *GASP* blasphemy to the berry addiction!!!!
    But really, like grocery shopping, folding clothes and sorts its quite therapeutic dontcha think? Need time alone sometimes!!!
    06-08-08 08:23 AM
    Maybe you are mowing a dust field, or rolling around in the clippings. I can mow without getting dust or clippings on me or my berry.
    06-08-08 09:36 AM
    Maybe you are mowing a dust field, or rolling around in the clippings. I can mow without getting dust or clippings on me or my berry.
    I dont know how that happens either.
    06-08-08 09:44 AM
    Get an otterbox case they keep everything; grass,dirt, and water.Give one a try.

06-08-08 10:09 AM
    No dust here either. I have a relatively small area to mow, and I use a mulching blade so there's no bagging. I keep my Pearl in my pocket--no problems.
    06-08-08 10:53 AM
    [QUOTE=cutdacheck2003;375113]I dont know how that happens either.[/QI

I want to know.
    06-08-08 11:17 AM
    You are too addict.
    06-08-08 02:12 PM
    ... get some sleep.

Funny! But I was serious. I like to keep the BB in clean and good working order. Thanks for all the other responses too everyone. I have a decent sized yard that takes about 2.5 hours to trim and mow if I mulch. If it's too tall then I have to bag and the dust problem comes in then when I'm dumping the grass into a lawn bag or trash can. It's not a dust field but there seems to be dust in the cut grass. Maybe cuz it's windy here and dirt is always blowing around? Anyway, I hate to even touch my BB when my hands are all sweaty and grassy. I think I'll just leave it in the house. I do have an Otterbox on the way (just won one, yippee!), so I'll give that a try too.

Thanks again for all the serious responses. And the funny ones too!
    06-08-08 02:13 PM
    throw it in a ziplock bag and use a bluetooth, those are easy to wipe off plus you would be able to hear it better when the ringer goes off. you have to stop anyway to take a call. that is what i do and it works.
    06-08-08 04:16 PM
    A ziplock and a Bluetooth headset. A cheap Bluetooth headset. Now that's a good solution!

06-08-08 04:24 PM
    I just leave mine inside but it was hard at first and I suffered a bit of separation anxiety.

I was going to suggest a zip lock bag but saw that someone already had. Sounds like a good idea.
    06-08-08 04:27 PM
    I've never had a problem with dust. I also thought about a baggie (just being cautious) to keep any potential dust/dirt out of my berry. Then I became nervous about moisture buildup in my berry(from the baggie being in my pocket) and scrapped the idea.

06-08-08 04:33 PM
    This is why I have a condo..

06-08-08 10:23 PM
    This is why I have a condo..

This is why I pay some guy to cut my lawn.
    06-08-08 11:14 PM
    Thirteen more years and I can get the 2 y/o to do it.
    06-08-08 11:16 PM
    This may seem silly, but I'm gonna ask anyway. Whenever I mow my lawn I get grass in my shoes, my pockets, even my belly button if I'm bagging. I want to leave my BB in the house but I still want to receive my messages and calls when I'm mowing, esp. if it's important. So I carry my 8130 in my pocket. Doesn't get dirty but dusty I'm sure.

How do the rest of you lawn mowers feel? Do you carry yours even when you mow?

Silly I know, but I'm sleep deprived at the moment!
    I'll mow ur lawn for u if u give me a blackberry BOLD in return
    06-08-08 11:43 PM
    I use my bb as I watch the workers mow my lawn.
    06-09-08 12:10 AM
41 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD