11-19-11 11:54 AM
43 12
tools
    The keyboard and messaging... The enterprise connectivity for work.
    11-05-11 05:44 PM
    Keyboard, form factor, BBM, battery life and reliabiltyof BB platform (although slipping of late)
    Also not a herd follower
    and lastly being a Canadian is good enough reason ! ... although those two CEOs are testing my patience and hope they wont let us down..
    11-05-11 11:02 PM
    I enjoy the option of keyboard or screen typing (torch 9800) battery life, form factor, it may sound weird but I enjoy updating my phone with hybrids, beta's. BBM was huge for me as well but like others have stated a lot of my friends and colleagues have jumped to iphone or android. Im sticking with my Torch 9800 (I will be upgrading to 9810 if I get a great deal) otherwise I dont really have any desire to leave.

Its all personal preference, and I definitly prefer my Blackberry!!!!
    11-06-11 12:05 AM
    It does what I need, when I need it. Phone, email, bbm, etc. I've only ever used a BB personally but have tried iphones and androids and they just don't fit the bill for me. I don't need thousands of apps or games but the the ones I do want I can get on my BB. I did give up my KB for the Torch 9860 and it hasn't been a problem. I only slightly miss it but using the virtual KB isn't a problem so i'm good!

I could go on but everything else I like about BB has already been mentioned above!
    11-06-11 12:46 AM
    I use BB because there is not one thing I dislike about this phone.

Which is nice, as before i had the 9100 and before that the 9350. 'nuff said. I was actually completely happy with the 9100 except for the keyboard. Correcting what I typed grew very old.
    I have tried other devices before, but they (the Samsung Ace and Motorola Cliq) brought me back in a hurry.

On a side note: Who knew that Windows phone 6 updates were carrier specific? Unlike Blackberrys, using a different carrier's OS could brick your phone and so you can't update even when the OS is out there.
    Last edited by grahamf; 11-06-11 at 01:15 AM.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    11-06-11 12:53 AM
    I stay with BlackBerry because it is comfortable, like my favorite pjs.
    I love my keyboard, and dislike trying to type on tiny touchscreens.
    I don't need a bajillion apps. I barely even use the ones I download now.
    It's not perfect, my BlackBerry, but neither am I. I know its quirks, and I think somehow it knows mine, and we get along fine together.
    I could care less if my phone is cool, or popular. It works for me, it does what I want and need it to do, and that's all I ask.

Why screw up a good thing?
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    11-06-11 01:05 AM
    I stick with it because well I like it, I'm used to it and it does what I need it to! I don't really use many apps. I admit iPhone and android have some cool stuff but they are also data hogs which brings into play the data caps that carriers now have, Thank You BB data compression!!!

BB it works for me!!
    11-06-11 07:29 AM
    Just the keyboard butterfly, just the keyboard!!!

So today while my Professor wasn't present for another Business Law class, a friend of mine contacted me on Blackberry Messenger and just started friendly chit chat convo. During this convo she explained to me that she is leaving BB just cause her BBM list is decreasing as all her friends are now running to go buy the Iphone 4S. I myself do not like Apple or the Iphone 4S due to the problems and all the following that the company gets, I feel like their marketing plan is amazing and once they grab one, they grab a bunch. Now not to even bash or anything, but half my friends are not even familiar with what they purchase when they bought their Blackberry, I found it amazingly stupid that few just bought their BB for the messaging client BBM, so much that one person wrote a status about how their getting tired of BBM so I told her to fix it is simple, just go to Options, Device, and Application Management, qne from their you can delete BBM, problem solved, LOL. I myself have stuck with Blackberry due to their security, which is the main reason I switched, and the productivity I have learned to achieve with my devices and the applications I install. I would like to know why others stay loyal to RIM?

BTW, I love my 9900 and I think it truly is an amazing device
    11-06-11 07:33 AM
    Keyboard , keyboard shortcuts. One handed operation. Above all battery. If I use an android or an iPhone I need to cancel all the features that make a smartphone smart. Else battery runs out of juice by evening. That's the same reason that has prevented me from upgrading to a OS7device. I will keep using my 9700 till RIM releases a device with same battery life. I would not mind if OS7 devices were little more thick with a better battery life.
    11-06-11 12:54 PM
    Kayboard and battery here. Thats about it really
    11-06-11 01:19 PM
    What keeps me devoted; apples and androids. Come out with something superior to BB and it'll be my next phone. But ya know what, its all in the eye of the beholder.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-06-11 01:42 PM
    Security, battery life, data efficiency, professional appearance, hardware quality, strong calendaring Plus: BBs just work!

11-18-11 10:18 PM
    Because i need the connectivity to our Lotus Notes server via BES service. i'm switching from iphone 4 to BB9900 since with ip4, the only possible connection is via lotus traveler and so many limitation on it... can't browse the company intranet/database system.

Because i like the real keyboard & i need a tool. not toy.
    11-19-11 04:14 AM
    When I bought mine I was looking for a communication device that suited me, not a computing platform. I'd buy the same phones again today. They serve my needs perfectly.

11-19-11 08:10 AM
    Devoted? for as long as they continue to do the things i want in the manner i want it done with less risk than any other platform, a bb will be my daily go-to tool and communication device.

Oh!!!!! and how could I forget!!!! BBM!!!!! best messaging solution for constant communication back and forth across the pond.
    Last edited by Qbnkelt; 11-19-11 at 08:25 AM.
    11-19-11 08:18 AM
    I stay with BlackBerry because it is comfortable, like my favorite pjs.
    I love my keyboard, and dislike trying to type on tiny touchscreens.
    I don't need a bajillion apps. I barely even use the ones I download now.
    It's not perfect, my BlackBerry, but neither am I. I know its quirks, and I think somehow it knows mine, and we get along fine together.
    I could care less if my phone is cool, or popular. It works for me, it does what I want and need it to do, and that's all I ask.

Why screw up a good thing?
    My favourite line in the entire thread!!!!

Now, if my dream man and I could manage this, life would be perfect!!!!
    11-19-11 08:23 AM
    Just keyboard and bbm.
    11-19-11 10:42 AM
    Nothing keeps me devoted to BlackBerry; I'm not a fanboy. I happened to buy one since it had all the things I was looking for in a phone that no other phone at the store could match.I then stumbled upon this amazing crackberry website that keeps me interested in what this line of products may bring next. However, when it comes time to upgrade I will again be using logic and reason to influence my decision and not product dedication. Since I have had a good experience with BlackBerry it will influence me to seriously consider getting another one, but that alone won't seal the deal.
    Chrisy likes this.
    11-19-11 11:54 AM
43 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD