11-19-11 12:54 PM
43 12
tools
    So today while my Professor wasn't present for another Business Law class, a friend of mine contacted me on Blackberry Messenger and just started friendly chit chat convo. During this convo she explained to me that she is leaving BB just cause her BBM list is decreasing as all her friends are now running to go buy the Iphone 4S. I myself do not like Apple or the Iphone 4S due to the problems and all the following that the company gets, I feel like their marketing plan is amazing and once they grab one, they grab a bunch. Now not to even bash or anything, but half my friends are not even familiar with what they purchase when they bought their Blackberry, I found it amazingly stupid that few just bought their BB for the messaging client BBM, so much that one person wrote a status about how their getting tired of BBM so I told her to fix it is simple, just go to Options, Device, and Application Management, qne from their you can delete BBM, problem solved, LOL. I myself have stuck with Blackberry due to their security, which is the main reason I switched, and the productivity I have learned to achieve with my devices and the applications I install. I would like to know why others stay loyal to RIM?

BTW, I love my 9900 and I think it truly is an amazing device
    Last edited by Fresh2deathJC; 11-05-11 at 12:16 AM. Reason: Errors
    Mecca EL, inocent3, ekv and 1 others like this.
    11-05-11 12:12 AM
    I stayed with rim mainly because of the hardware love the form factor, and the keyboards on blackberrys. Another reason would be because it is a phone first where as iphone a lot of people use for games or whatever I like my phone to be a phone first and everything else second. I have other devices I can use to do different tasks.
    Pilchard and Mecca EL like this.
    11-05-11 12:24 AM
    Keyboard Shortcuts.

And CrackBerry.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-05-11 01:04 AM
    Keyboard, keyboard shortcuts, security, control over my device, and the **** just works.
    11-05-11 01:45 AM
    Keyboard, email, BBM, ability to sync with Outlook, multitasking, security, customization.
    11-05-11 02:02 AM
    Because it's antiquated And creaky, like I am.

No, BlackBerry works for me. It has the only keyboard I can use one-handed comfortably. It has more than one design. It has more than one demographic. It has security, function, and appeals to me.

I can perform functions almost effortlessly. I can type on it almost without looking.

It is versatile in ways many people never learn. I've used it to save computers from viruses, call for help at accident scenes, helped keep people safe in bad storms, and communicate where other devices have failed.

It is my jukebox, my baseball Jones, and my link to some of the best friends I've ever had.

My loyalty isn't blind. I've seen the clay feet, dealt with the warts, and been thru some rough times.

If it achieves total failure, I would move along with something, albeit reluctantly. But I hated mobile communications until the day I got my Curve 8330. That titanium wonder set me free.

11-05-11 03:12 AM
    Keyboard. that's about it. If i was good and fast with touch screen typing (which i honestly can't be bothered about) i already would have made the switch
    11-05-11 03:30 AM
    Oh, and did I forget to mention battery life? And data efficiency?

11-05-11 03:34 AM
    Because all my frriends use Bbm, if not I wouldn't be using this piece of *****

11-05-11 04:46 AM
    The beautiful keyboard, the form factor, the pretty much stable OS, BBM, security, productivity. My list goes on and on
    11-05-11 05:01 AM
    i have used many many smart phones and blackberry is THE BEST at multi tasking. the apps for blackberry enhance this as well..as for others (smartphones) games
    Mecca EL likes this.
    11-05-11 07:04 AM
    Love the keyboard, email on the move is fabulous, like PINs, BBM, form factor, I know how it works having had a Blackberry for ages (started with a 7100v), autotext, it just works.

I have an ipad and and several ipods so I don't have a problem with Apple, but for my communications device it still has to be RIM.
    11-05-11 08:11 AM
    Because I like it and it works for me. Also most of the things others have mentioned. If I want to do the things the other phones excel at I now have a playbook for that as those things are still no joy for me even on a 4" screen.

I'm looking forward to an updated bb from my tour.
    11-05-11 09:15 AM
    For me, like others, it is mostly the form factor. I much prefer the physical keyboard to the virtual one. I'm ok with the PB virtual keyboard because it's much larger. The data compression is major as well.

Now that I think about it, I will soon be on my 5th BB when I get my new 9900! Two diff ones for work (which are chosen for me) and two diff personal ones.
    11-05-11 09:30 AM
    Form factor, data compression which means cost savings for me, yes BBM, BlackBerry Travel, the ability to have all html stripped from emails, mass storage mode, removable storage, is what keeps me using a BlackBerry, I wouldn't say I'm devoted, I try other phones all the time, I want to like WP7. Very much, but it's missing a lot,

11-05-11 09:41 AM
    I was actually thinking about this this morning. I have used both Android phones and the iphone. While they are fun, I have continued to use my Blackberry. It is the easiest, most effective OS available. I know I'll get argument on that point, but it just all makes sense to me.

The browser is fast on OS7, I love the keyboard, it is a great music player, I am constantly amazed at the beauty of the screen on my 9930, the apps are the best (not the best quantity but the best QUALITY) for my needs. Oh yeah......LED, notifications, bridging with my playbook.....

I don't know why, but since I have had the 9930 I just can't get excited about any other phone I'm not even worried about when or if the BBX phones will be available! I just know that BB is MY phone.
    11-05-11 10:03 AM
    Everyone I know who has stayed is because of the keyboard and their familiarity with how a BB works. That about sums it up because not many people I know use BBM.
    11-05-11 10:10 AM
    I went with BB in the first place (and was and has been my only smartphone to date) because it was a solid piece of gear that wasn't radically being reinvented every year. It was going to do everything I needed to out of the box and I didn't think I'd get device envy from the newer models within a year or two.

Of course being under contract still for another year and a bit also helps keep me here
    11-05-11 10:46 AM
    I stay with blackberry for the keyboard. Not a big fan of all the slabs with huge screens and no buttons. I'm not very good at functioning without the keyboard.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    11-05-11 10:49 AM
    I would still be on Android if it weren't for the 9930. What keeps me with BB? The 9930's awesome keyboard, great camera, super-fast browsing, and crisp, vibrant display... all in the sleekest package ever.
    11-05-11 11:04 AM
    Being new to BB9900 I can tell you its just a far superior phone to any Iphone Ive owned. I love the combination of touch screen and keyboard. I havent had any issues that others seem to have and know quite a few people who love there BBs aswell.
    11-05-11 11:04 AM
    They are just great phone .
    11-05-11 11:09 AM
    Efficiency for overseas travel and available plans for international travel. BBM for work and immediate family members which is also valuable when on international travel (we don't use BES either, just personal BIS). It works extremely well as being both a phone and smartphone. Keyboard. It just fits my personal and business needs better than anything on the market. I know people with iPhones that turn off the data in the when they travel international because of high fees and the phone being chatty even when idle, I want to be in full contact with business and family when I travel internationally without getting hammered on the bill and without having to modify my phone habits.
    11-05-11 11:29 AM
    I stay for the key board & the new 9930.

11-05-11 12:12 PM
    My BBM list is decreasing too, but I still have a couple of close ones who are staying on BB, and a mad-crazy BB fan who is head over heels in love with RIM...

Anyway, typing on my 9780 is like having an orgasm for my fingers. That's what making me stay
    11-05-11 12:18 PM
43 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD