Hey guys,

I just got a BB 8900 two days ago and I have AT&T. I love this phone, it is much better than my former phone (a Samsung slider). I do not have the data plan with this phone and am wondering if I could use the WiFi when I'm at home (with my wireless router) free of charge? Also, when I am at lecture hall, can I use the WiFi that I normally connect to with my laptop? I just do not want to be charged for internet, and hope I don't get a huge bill for its use on my bill. Thanks for your help.
    08-30-09 04:53 PM
    I'm pretty sure this is only possible with an iPhone or a bribe to Ray Ozzie. I'm totally googled. Haha, code word for drunk in Montreal.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-30-09 05:04 PM
    anybody else?
    08-30-09 11:02 PM
    Most 8900 users have no problem connecting to a WiFi hotspot, and browsing the internet free of charge, so, no, you should not get charged.

However, for some reason, AT&T Blackberries have problems browsing the internet over WiFi, unless you remove the sim card. But, no, you will not get charged if you are using the Hotspot Browser.
    08-30-09 11:06 PM
    Uhh not sure try posting this in the att section caz there are prolly some reps who will see it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-30-09 11:07 PM
    thanks guys
    08-30-09 11:17 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD