I'm a t-mobile user and I was wondering will it charge me to download anything from the app store or download something off the internet while using wifi?
    Last edited by xlgatalx; 11-28-10 at 03:13 PM.
    11-27-10 10:44 PM
    Do you have a BlackBerry data plan (BIS)? If you do, there are no charges for using Wi-Fi. Of course, you will have to pay to purchase apps on Appworld that are not free.

If you do not have BIS, you cannot even use Appworld (or any other native app from RIM).
    11-27-10 10:59 PM
    Do you have a BlackBerry data plan (BIS)? If you do, there are no charges for using Wi-Fi. Of course, you will have to pay to purchase apps on Appworld that are not free.

If you do not have BIS, you cannot even use Appworld (or any other native app from RIM).
    No, I do not have any data plan on my blackberry. I'm just using the wifi at my house.
    I turned off my mobile network and app world still works. I've gone to this ringtone website and download a ringer but I don't know if it will charge me for downloading even though I'm using wifi.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-27-10 11:27 PM
    No, I do not have any data plan on my blackberry. I'm just using the wifi at my house.
    I turned off my mobile network and app world still works. I've gone to this ringtone website and download a ringer but I don't know if it will charge me for downloading even though I'm using wifi.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    I am not sure about T-Mobile but you need the data plan on Verizon to access the Web. If I turn my Verizon wireless off App World doesn't work for me, in fact if I have wireless on and "data services while roaming" off App World won't work while I am roaming and connected to WiFi in Singapore.

If you have your T-Mobile wireless turned off and it still works on WiFi then I'd say it won't cost you.
    12-08-10 02:51 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD