Okay. I'm sorry if this is in the wrong spot. Forgive me, move it. Don't flame me.

I Recently sold my 8330 (VZW) to switch to an older phone until the Tour comes out. I switched ESN's. put in my old phone, they recognized it, etc. Sold my 8330 on CList, the guy calls me today and says Verizon marked it as a Lost/Stolen phone.

Uh.....Am I the victim of a guy who had 2nd thoughts?....I didn't claim anything on it. I didn't do anything. I switched ESN's, called Verizon, let them know. They took it off my account, and that's it. I've done this in the past, and never had this problem.

So this guy is saying verizon won't let him activate it since it's marked Lost/Stolen. Can anything be done about this? or is this guy SOL. I posted in Yahoo Answers! and someone said if I had the Blackberry ID still, i could call Verizon and tell them it wasn't lost or stolen, and they could reverse it. But if memory serves correctly, I've seen a LOT of phones on Craigslist for sale that were Marked Lost/Stolen, that people couldn't activate.

What do I do? is this guy just trying to get his money back? My account registers me as having my old Moto Krazr. I got no email saying they marked it as lost, nothing in my account history. infact when i switched over, they canceled my blackberry service for the VCast.

kinda confused here, and Might being taken advantage of. Help?
    07-09-09 01:45 AM
    Since you were the owner of the device, you will have to get it released. No one else can do it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-09-09 01:50 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD