I was reading about how safe our phones are and how the encryption is close to military security level so does that go for text bbm and calls or can the police still tap into my phone easy or read my text or bbm just curious?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-27-09 08:16 PM
    With a warrant, the police can tap your phone or read your texts. There is free public key encryption software that you can use to increase your privacy, but the available software is deliberately limited to a key length that can be decrypted by the government if needed.
    03-27-09 08:34 PM
    Are you doing something youre not suppose to be doing? Lol. Im kidding

Hmm, I've never thought of this Lol.
    Now I'm curious too.

Subscribed!

03-27-09 08:34 PM
    Nah I'm not doing to much lol... Just would like to know if I was to do something I would be safe. I heard that bb's have 128bit encryption just wondering what it applys to? I guess I just like being safe... But thanks for the quick replys. I hope I get a lot more!!!

03-27-09 08:39 PM
    I have the James bond theme in my head right now.......I have also wondered about the encryption ability of my phone.

03-27-09 08:59 PM
    Lectures 2 and 11 in the BlackBerry 101 Lecture Series may help answer some of your questions. You can find BlackBerry 101 under the BlackBerry Help Tab at the top of the screen.
    03-27-09 09:02 PM
    This sounds real sketch... Lol
    03-27-09 09:29 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD