I know OS 7 is not out yet, but with the newer hardware with more RAM and a faster processor fix the issue of having to pull the battery just to speed up the phone? Or was it something specific to the OS itself that may be fixed in OS 7?

I'm not entirely sure what causes memory leaks, but I know that pulling the battery to make the phone function properly is a norm. Will this continue to be the case going forward?
    05-07-11 11:44 AM
    I doubt that will be fixed with os7... I am hoping we will see that when we actually switch over to the QNX os
    05-07-11 11:51 AM
    Nop, might be not as bad, but thats the java issue. Its the whole OS in general. As soon as QNX is out for BB it will fix it, unless they somehow decide to implement it as a nostalgia sake
    05-07-11 06:09 PM
    We still have to reboot our computers with huge processors and massive memory. Why would little computers be any different.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-07-11 08:53 PM
    We still have to reboot our computers with huge processors and massive memory. Why would little computers be any different.

But in that comparison I don't have to reboot my computer everday to make sure it runs as it should.
    05-07-11 10:04 PM
    Daily battery pulls don't need to happen with devices running os6 so os7 should run even smoother. Running os6 I haven't pulled my battery in over a month.

05-08-11 08:49 AM
    It's often required to reboot after installing or uninstalling apps in both. The newer model bb's just have more memory, so they aren't effected as fast.

05-08-11 11:16 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD