We do not have Outlook and I was told that I could sync my device with google calendar. I went to the site and google sent a web address to my phone. I assume I need to visit this site from my phone to complete set-up. Because I am on a prepaid plan, I do not have internet access to get the program from google to get it set up. I can get access at a fee per month. I was planning on getting it for one month so I could get the google calendar set up.

Once I get this done, do I need internet access to sync my blackberry with the google calendar? I assume I would need it if I wanted to do this remotely, but I would just need to do it from my computer using the sync cable.

Hope this made sense.

Thanks
    07-28-09 03:41 PM
    I don't think that you could sync it via usb cable. Google sync uses your data connection to update your calendar.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-28-09 08:29 PM
    On Windows Mobile phones you can access the net from your phone using the computers internet connection via USB. I do not know if you can do this with a BB but its something you may want to look into.
    07-28-09 09:07 PM
    +1
    Google's calendar sync for the BB requires internet access. It seems your options are:
    - Get Outlook and use Google's Outlook calendar sync app
    - Figure out how to use your USB cable->PC as a internet connection for your BB
    - Use wifi on your BB, although I think most carriers require a data plan to be able to use wifi
    07-28-09 09:26 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD