Does the contacts still transfer over from Facebook to the phone when you use the app?

I stayed away from the app solely for that purpose. Would like to hear some response from people. Thank you.

Proud owner of Q10, Z10 and Z30
    02-19-14 10:59 PM
    I think you can choose where you want your contacts to link to, such as you email accounts, FB, Etc. You just need to go into your settings in your contacts and then turn off or on which you would like it to link to.

Posted via CB10
    02-19-14 11:04 PM
    It's a known bug where even if you switch it off, it still transfers the contacts. App was in. An early stage though when this was happening. Not sure if it's the case anymore. Don't want to try it if it still does it, it kills my battery for a long time transferring over 3000 friends.

02-19-14 11:39 PM
    Does the contacts still transfer over from Facebook to the phone when you use the app?

I stayed away from the app solely for that purpose. Would like to hear some response from people. Thank you.

Oh yes, your contacts listing becomes so colorful and filled with information. Now you know why users like dark background for contacts.
    02-19-14 11:57 PM

Just go to your contacts app, swipe down, turn off Facebook contacts.

The contact app will pull in all social media such *** BBM, LinkedIn, Twitter. Just turn them off and they are removed. The way a Facebook contact remains is if they are both a regular contact and a Facebook contact, but they link those together. In that case, you can click the contact and unlink it which will make all the Facebook info go away.

Sent with my Z10, Q10, or Z30 on Verizon from Philly
    02-20-14 12:03 AM
    Actually I was happy when I deleted my facbook account I didn't delete the app from my phone.. now I still have the contact info from my old friends.. I still get notified for login info on my BlackBerry but I ignore it.

Posted via CB10
    02-20-14 12:22 AM
    So basically if I install and login into Facebook app, I will have 3000 friend contacts on my phone.

I guess that glitch hasn't changed yet...

Thanks for your time guys.

02-20-14 12:40 AM
    ?? Just swipe down in contacts and go into setting and switch Facebook off..

Posted via CB10
    02-20-14 01:40 AM

You can turn thus feature off in contact settings. However Facebook contact details may still appear in your contacts information. This is because there Linked. If you don't want to see there Facebook details. Open.the contact and select Links from the bottom of the screen. Then just unlink there Facebook. It's not a bug.

Posted via CB10
    02-20-14 02:39 AM
    I just installed the app to try it out for myself. And yes the contacts still sync with the phone.

I know you can turn off the contact option in the settings but it causes a lot of lag and and battery drains for good couple days. (I have over 3000 contacts and receive a lot of messages daily).

I'm going to stick with the browser version of Facebook as it flows better and don't have to worry about the contacts getting sync to my phone.

02-20-14 02:52 AM
    I just installed the app to try it out for myself. And yes the contacts still sync with the phone.

I know you can turn off the contact option in the settings but it causes a lot of lag and and battery drains for good couple days. (I have over 3000 contacts and receive a lot of messages daily).

I'm going to stick with the browser version of Facebook as it flows better and don't have to worry about the contacts getting sync to my phone.

Your conception of Facebook contacts impact is a bit off. You have two different types of Facebook contacts in your contacts app:

1) Your real ACTUAL contacts with phone numbers, etc who also HAPPEN to be Facebook contacts. They are in your contact app as one contact with 2 linked profiles.

2) Your Facebook contacts that are solely Facebook contacts. You've never put them in your contacts, your only tie to them is Facebook.

*As soon as you swipe down in your contacts and turn of Faceback Contacts, all those in 2 Group delete out and have ZERO impact on your phone.

For those in group 1, open the contact, at the bottom hit the link key and click unlink and remove Facebook data then save.

Once this is done you'll have no problems. I think you'll be much happier with this and the app and the HUB integration etc. Good luck either way.

02-20-14 06:52 AM
    Your conception of Facebook contacts impact is a bit off. You have two different types of Facebook contacts in your contacts app:

1) Your real ACTUAL contacts with phone numbers, etc who also HAPPEN to be Facebook contacts. They are in your contact app as one contact with 2 linked profiles.

2) Your Facebook contacts that are solely Facebook contacts. You've never put them in your contacts, your only tie to them is Facebook.

*As soon as you swipe down in your contacts and turn of Faceback Contacts, all those in 2 Group delete out and have ZERO impact on your phone.

For those in group 1, open the contact, at the bottom hit the link key and click unlink and remove Facebook data then save.

Once this is done you'll have no problems. I think you'll be much happier with this and the app and the HUB integration etc. Good luck either way.

I just tried your way with the facebook app. I turned off the facebook in show account in contact list in settings. You're right about the contacts not showing up anymore but it still gets sync to the phone. If I were to use the facebook app from Google play, it doesn't sync any contacts to my phone.

Having 3000+ friends sync to my phone isn't something I'm interested even if you turn it 'off' in the settings.

I don't want it to integrate with my HUB either as I receive over 50+ messages a day. I just want to go on facebook to respond to my fans and business proposals. Browser version does just that.

02-20-14 10:21 AM