A few a weeks ago I messed up my wife's samsung s4 active by trying to take underwater pictures in our pool. It's supposed to be water proof so much for that. Anyways I had a z30 so I set her up with that phone, she keeps telling everyone that I messed her phone up on purpose just to get her to try out blackberry. But she actually does like it lol Anyway she's been eying the passport because she reads a lot on her phone. So I'm going to buy here one and of course no at&t store has them in stock. What has been people's experience with buying directly from shopblackberry.com
    I'm on the fence as to buy through our phone carrier because we like the rounded corners on the at&t version, but it's actually cheaper to buy it from blackberry.
    Any opinions will be much appreciated.

Posted via CB10
    07-18-15 11:27 AM
    A few a weeks ago I messed up my wife's samsung s4 active by trying to take underwater pictures in our pool. It's supposed to be water proof so much for that. Anyways I had a z30 so I set her up with that phone, she keeps telling everyone that I messed her phone up on purpose just to get her to try out blackberry. But she actually does like it lol Anyway she's been eying the passport because she reads a lot on her phone. So I'm going to buy here one and of course no at&t store has them in stock. What has been people's experience with buying directly from shopblackberry.com
    I'm on the fence as to buy through our phone carrier because we like the rounded corners on the at&t version, but it's actually cheaper to buy it from blackberry.

Posted via CB10
    Also available on Amazon.com which is where I bought mine. Amazon in my experience has rock solid protection from scams as they seem to be extremely protective of their reputation. Anyway, I bought a used non-att unlocked Passport, love it. I was actually a seller who had it since last October, got it as a gift but didn't use it, they even sent me the receipt for warranty issue that might pop up. Also, non-att versions have a much greater selection available for cases and covers from what I've heard since att wanted the corners of it's phone rounded off.
    07-18-15 12:01 PM
    I'll check out amazon

Posted via CB10
    07-18-15 12:20 PM
    Lol. When they say waterproof, I think they are referring to the phone being able to fall in water for a couple seconds but not long periods of time.

Anyhow, I did shopblackberry and it took like 3 weeks when it first came out. I'd say amazon ships quicker.

Posted via CB10
    07-18-15 02:21 PM
    I wouldn't buy from shopblackberry. You have to deal with their terrible customer service and if there is an issue doing a return with them is a nightmare. Buy it from Amazon, their customer service is second to none. If you have a Prime account its even better.
    07-18-15 02:24 PM
    I haven't used shopblackberry myself but I know someone that has and they had no issues. Received the order in a week.

Posted via CB10
    07-18-15 02:29 PM
    I've heard good and bad about amazon and shopblackberry.com
    From amazon I've heard stories of people getting a used blackberry when they ordered new.
    And shopblackberry.com
    Have heard people saying it takes forever to get your phone.
    Then I hear people talking about digital river is that a part of blackberry or another place that sells blackberry??

Posted via CB10
    07-18-15 03:01 PM
    Purchased my personal PP from shop BlackBerry and my work PP is from AT&T. Much prefer the original PP over AT&T, it's thinner, it's white, OTA updates are great and none of the AT&T stuff on it.

Posted via CB10
    07-18-15 03:06 PM
    Forgot to mention shop BlackBerry phone took 5 business days with free shipping. I had the phone since December and no issues at all.

Posted via CB10
    07-18-15 03:08 PM
    Bought from shopblackberry in canada and my phone arrived within a week. No problems whatsoever.

Posted via CB10
    07-18-15 03:21 PM
    I bought my Q10 and Passport from shopblackberry.ca. The Q10 arrived in about 3-4 days, and Passport in about 36 hours. Was surprised at the speed.

Posted via CB10
    07-18-15 04:41 PM
    Digital River appears to be the company that handles fulfillment and logistics for ShopBlackBerry . Personally, I've bought a Z30 and Leap through Shop BlackBerry and had no problems, with quick delivery. Ordered each phone on Saturday night, (separate orders couple months apart), with predicted delivery of Wednesday in Florida. Both times, phones were delivered to me in Tampa on Tuesday afternoon. Amazon is great but have to be careful with sellers(just like Ebay) that are selling used phones and counterfeit accessories. If you're able to pay the full price up front, unlocked phones are the way to go. They're usually cheaper and you get updates right away. I'm on AT&T here on Florida Gulf Coast and wish I'd bought my Q10 and Classic unlocked instead of through carrier. The carriers have so much testing for their network. Good luck and hope this helps.

Posted via CB10
    07-18-15 05:35 PM
    I read in the other thread that you already ordered, but I want to say that I have bought my Passport and Q5 from ShopBlackBerry, and both were perfectly fine. I really like reading on the Passport screen.
    07-19-15 03:46 PM

Posted via CB10
    It's pretty much water resistant for a quick drop-and-rescue kinda thing. Sonys seem to have the better reputation, but still, I wouldn't try that with any flagship phone... :-)

�   "BB Android Armageddon: Chenisys is uploading in 5,4,3..."   �
    Skidoo583 likes this.
    07-19-15 07:22 PM