I have had my storm for about 4-5 months now. I frequently use the Blackberry messenger and I have a question about it.
    What does it mean when it says "contact is busy"? I know this might be a stupid question but I'd really like to know.
    If you know, please enlighten me.
    Thanks.
    06-04-09 03:51 PM
    You can set your status to Available or Not Available. You can also put in anything else you want to say in the Edit my Info section. This may be what you're seeing.
    06-04-09 03:57 PM
    I think the other person sat there status to busy under the options menu. You can do this under options I believe. Just like in aol messenger

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-04-09 03:59 PM
    The person that I am talking about has a curve and my mom has a curve as well, and I have looked to see if you can set your status to "busy" on the curve and you can't. Gosh, I sound possessive. Maybe it's an idle type of thing? Like on AIM, if you aren't at your computer for a certain amount of time, it goes idle?
    I knew I shouldn't have asked this. I sound like a ******. I probably just answered my own question....
    I was just seeing if anyone had answers.
    06-04-09 04:02 PM
    It just means that the person you sent the message to hasnt checked their messages since you sent one to them hence they are probably busy so BBM puts this message up to let you know.

D delivered
    R read
    X unreachable
    06-04-09 04:05 PM
    Okay, thank you for clearing this up for me!
    06-04-09 04:15 PM
    No problem, glad I could help!
    06-04-09 04:17 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD