Do they behave any differently than the standard white? Is the texture different? I have been having massive issues with my Curve lately - the trackball needs replacing because it doesn't like scrolling to the left any more (I have cleaned it even, and no luck, it's almost like the texture of the trackball has smoothed out and it's actually harder to grip to roll). Not to mention I have to get a replacement housing because some debris got under the screen and scratched the INSIDE of the lens. I am ordering a white housing (I'll have a StormTrooperBerry heh) and I ordered a replacement white trackball, but the idea of a black trackball with white housing and keeping the black keyboard from my current red housing has a nice esthetic to me...I am just wondering if it behaves any differently than the clear...
    03-08-09 11:24 PM
    for the people that i know that has it say's it's not that diff.
    but when I get my own i will let you know exactly how it works
    03-08-09 11:29 PM
    I believe the texture on the black ones are a little different, not 100% certain because I don't have mine yet. But overall the people I know with them are pleased.
    03-08-09 11:31 PM
    Hmmm I can get one on Ebay for $15 with free shipping, so I may just say screw it and order one anyway. The thing about the clear, they look so pretty and white and clean when they are new but get grungy too quickly, and the Curve has the dimmer LED backlight (why they would put 2 behind the Pearl and only 1 LED behind the Curve trackball I'll never understand...)

I love the deep red of my Curve, but the scratch on the lens is baaaaaad. And I had a BSE on it. I made the mistake of putting it in my pocket for 2 hours, I have never put it in my pocket because of the 'great' job RIM did with sealing the damn housing so dust can't get under the screen (I am sorry, there is NO excuse for a $600 phone to get dust under the screen after less than a month because you put it in your pocket and we have all heard the horror stories. NO EXCUSE RIM) and something got under the screen that put a half inch long gouge into the lens inside the housing. I had to open it up to make sure it wasn't on the LED as well and luckily the screen was pristine. I was so annoyed...

So, going with all white. I always had a thing for white electronics going back to iPods and when the white iPhones came out I was soooooo tempted...this will be a happy medium. So even though I am a Trek fan, I always did like the Storm Troopers from Star Wars...and now I shall have a Storm Trooper Berry lol.
    03-08-09 11:42 PM
    03-08-09 11:51 PM
    It feels different then the OEM one, but in a good way. I also found that it was a little more sensitive then the OEM one and had to drop my sensitivity down to 70/70. I like it better then the OEM one though.

Chris
    03-09-09 12:20 AM
    I think mine feels slightly different. That's in a good way though IMO.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-09-09 02:43 AM
    I used my black G1 trackball in my curve 8330 for a month or so and I loved it, but I recently changed it for a purple trackball. I would recomend it!
    03-09-09 08:07 AM
    Go with the G1 black trackball from Cellular Accessories - Nokia, SonyEricsson, Acer, HTC, Apple, NEC, BlackBerry, Dopod/O2, Panasonic, Mot you will like it a lot. I like the look of the black versus the white and the G1 rolls easier in my opinion...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-09-09 08:17 AM
    It feels different then the OEM one, but in a good way. I also found that it was a little more sensitive then the OEM one and had to drop my sensitivity down to 70/70. I like it better then the OEM one though.

Chris
    Yes, a little different but good different. Didn't notice sensitivity too much though. At least not enough for me to change it.
    03-09-09 08:17 AM
    I have been considering buying one of these........does it affect my devices waranty??
    03-09-09 08:19 AM
    Thanks all! Ordered.
    03-09-09 08:35 AM
    Thanks all! Ordered.
    Good decision, you won't regret it
    03-09-09 08:40 AM
    I can't wait for the new housing either - but the trackball will go far with me not turfing the phone out of a moving vehicle. One minute it's scrolling fine, the next you can't move the damn thing.
    03-09-09 08:44 AM
    I can't wait for the new housing either - but the trackball will go far with me not turfing the phone out of a moving vehicle. One minute it's scrolling fine, the next you can't move the damn thing.
    That the thing with a phone that has a trackball in it...it will get jammed and make you angry, but in the end you can make one basic smartphone look like one hot piece of ***.
    03-09-09 08:49 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD