Twice, some time ago, I have had online accounts frozen due to suspicious activity. Both times it happened because they (PayPal and credit card) showed someone from Ontario, Canada was logging into my account. A quick explanation that I was using my BB to login and the problem was solved. It always shows Ontario as the login location.

Today, an email from Facebook shows up saying that my account has been frozen because someone from Brazil had logged into my account via a mobile device. No biggie, password keeper generated me a new password and all is back to normal and I get the standard notification that my password has been changed again the location is Ontario, Canada.

My question is: Is it possible that for some reason my BIS data was being routed through Brazil last night instead of Canada like normal?

I'm just curious as to how it works. If one part of the NOC goes down or gets overloaded is traffic automatically re-routed?

How do they determine where it gets sent?

Why is my "normal" server in Canada and not in the U.S.?

Sent from my BlackBerry 9350 using Tapatalk
    04-07-12 11:23 AM
    I don't believe there are BIS servers in the US.

That was one of the reasons why countries like India wanted servers built in their own country, so that they can access them.
    04-07-12 11:58 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD