Hi,
    I usually have a dedicated GPS in the car, but for those few times I don't I wanted to use BB Maps. This afternoon I took it for a test run. I did a local search for the grocery store and it found it and plotted a perfect route on the map in the nicest purple color. When I pulled out of the driveway, my location icon moved along in perfect sync with my car. I was happy :-)
    Then I got to the edge of the map and the display never moved. I had to manually scroll the map the entire way there. I have looked everywhere I can think of for an option to auto refresh or update the map display and can't find one. Surely RIM didn't release a GPS app that has such an obvious and crippling flaw. If anybody has found the setting to fix this, I would really appreciate it if you would share it with me.
    06-22-10 03:51 PM
    I was thinking you had to choose the "Track Up" option to have your position stay centered on the map. Otherwise, it can go off the edge.
    06-22-10 04:09 PM
    Hi,
    All Track Up does is switch the map between North Up and the direction you are traveling being Up. I guess it makes it easier to visualize upcoming turns. With Track Up selected, A left turn is shown to the left, rather then it's actual compass direction.
    06-22-10 04:26 PM
    Did you set your gps in your options menu?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-30-10 12:31 AM
    Did you set your gps in your options menu?

I'm not sure I know what you're asking. If you mean did I select which GPS device to use under "GPS Source" then yes, I picked "Internal GPS" which was my only choice. I'm not having a problem getting the GPS to find my location or to show that location on the map. My problem is that when I start driving and my red location button starts following me along as I travel down the road, the map display doesn't "move" when I get to the edge of the currently displayed map and my location cursor moves right off the edge of the screen and out of sight. I have to manually scroll the map to keep the cursor visible. I need to know how to make the map auto update so that my currently shown location is always visible on the map.
    07-01-10 08:28 PM
    I don't know if this is your problem but when that happens to me I hit the escape button and it will lock back on to your location.

07-02-10 07:47 PM
    I don't know if this is your problem but when that happens to me I hit the escape button and it will lock back on to your location.
    OK, so now I feel like a complete dumba$$
    I never realized that when it said "press esc to return to navigation" on the screen that that was what was causing the issue.
    Thanks for your help.....
    Last edited by Stogies; 07-05-10 at 03:10 PM.
    07-05-10 02:59 PM
    No problem. I'm glad I could help.

07-06-10 02:04 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD