I currently have an iPhone 3gS with AT&T. Im looking to get a Bold 9900 off ebay or craigslist and use that instead. My question is, there are alot listed online as unlocked and/or thru T-mobile. As an ATT Sim card user, can I use an unlocked one or a T-mobile one and just use my current sim card? I cant use a Verizon unlocked one, correct?

Thanks!
    02-22-12 02:24 PM
    I gather that you are not eligible for an upgrade? If you are, you can get one from AT&T for $49. I believe that both T-Mobile and AT&T are GSM phones, but you need to make sure that all features will work, including faux-g. Usually buying an unlocked one is more expensive than buying one outright from AT&T or BestBuy.
    02-22-12 03:28 PM
    Stick to ones that are Att, or unlocked from Rogers, Bell, or Telus. Those will get you 3G service when you put your SIM card in. A 9900 from Tmobile will get you EDGE.
    02-22-12 03:30 PM
    T-Mobile and ATT Phones are not interchangeable. Even if they are unlocked.

ATT Uses different bands than T-Mobile.
    02-22-12 03:31 PM
    Stick to ones that are Att, or unlocked from Rogers, Bell, or Telus. Those will get you 3G service when you put your SIM card in. A 9900 from Tmobile will get you EDGE.
    Thanks! If I grab a Rogers or Bell or Telus off ebay, is it fairly easy to unlock myself?
    Thanks!!
    02-22-12 04:45 PM
    I'm not real sure if it'll work or not. By looking at the 9930 it has some of the same bands as att on the gsm side. Talk to somebody about it. The 9930 might beable to be put on att. There has been a couple of blackberry tht came from verzion to att.
    02-22-12 04:46 PM
    Phones are very easy to unlock. There's many unlockers here on CB, send them a few bucks, and they'll send you code almost right away with simple instructions.

As for using a 9930, they will only get EDGE on GSM networks (Att, Tmobile) here in North America.
    02-22-12 05:10 PM
    As for using a 9930, they will only get EDGE on GSM networks (Att, Tmobile) here in North America.
    Like I said I'm not sure. Looking at the spec on the 9930 it has the same bands as att phones for the 3g network. I've read where people said it wouldn't work. Now the 9850 that's a different story.
    02-22-12 06:08 PM
    Thanks for all the help! I was able to snag a Rogers off eBay from Canada last night. Should be to me in Upstate NY by early next week. Now I just need to figure out how/where to get an unlock code! lol
    02-23-12 11:22 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD