i believe Canada was purchased for $1 from the Hudson bay company
    They paid too much............
    07-06-10 05:01 PM
    And just to show that even the Queen is concerned about RIM's old and tired issues...

07-06-10 05:06 PM
    i believe Canada was purchased for $1 from the Hudson bay company
    yep, and she still gets dividends of two beaver pelts a year last time I checked.
    07-06-10 05:06 PM
    And just to show that even the Queen is concerned about RIM's old and tired issues...

Absolutely classic.
    07-06-10 05:35 PM
    Apparently, the Qween wasn't too happy about the wannabe HTML email on BB either...

07-06-10 07:38 PM
    Apparently, the Qween wasn't too happy about the wannabe HTML email on BB either...
    Even Steve Jobs could not make her happy.
    07-06-10 07:47 PM
    Even Steve Jobs could not make her happy.
    I don't know what you mean by this, but I assure you that both Android and iOS have much better HTML email rendering then poor old BBOS does. lol iOS is pretty much dead on and looks identical to Outlook when viewed. It also works really well with embedded images in that it actually allows you to see what they are because you can zoom into the email for a better look. It's funny how RIM prides itself on being a "communication" device, but I can't seem to be able to see the contents of my email very easily. (Screen shots of issues from clients is pretty much useless viewing on a BB... )
    Last edited by JRSCCivic98; 07-07-10 at 09:27 AM.
    07-07-10 09:24 AM
    I don't know what you mean by this, but I assure you that both Android and iOS have much better HTML email rendering then poor old BBOS does. lol iOS is pretty much dead on and looks identical to Outlook when viewed. It also works really well with embedded images in that it actually allows you to see what they are because you can zoom into the email for a better look. It's funny how RIM prides itself on being a "communication" device, but I can't seem to be able to see the contents of my email very easily. (Screen shots of issues from clients is pretty much useless viewing on a BB... )
    I'm pretty sure the The Queen isn't too stressed about viewing issues from clients on her bb...
    07-07-10 09:46 AM
    she'll never use that phone. it'll probably be given away, trashed, or thrown into a room of useless items given too her. Not knocking RIM but lets be real she's pretty up there in age, the keyboard is tiny along with small screen. She probably has 10 people that do email (if that) and other random task for her. It just seems like a useless device for someone like herself.
    I really hate this misconception...

My Grandpa is in his 80's, and still burns CDs in his back room. I also heard from other family members that he went Geotagging recently...

Meanwhile, every once in awhile, I'll get a tech call from a teen that can't tell a blackberry from an env, and bought it because it was pink or purple.

Age has nothing to do with tech ability. It's the person's personal desire to learn. Who's to say the Queen of England isn't allowed to be a nerd like the rest of us forum rats here?
    07-07-10 10:01 PM
    With her status and infinite wealth she probably has had more opportunity to own and experience cutting edge technology than any of us ever will.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-08-10 12:00 AM
    I really hate this misconception...

My Grandpa is in his 80's, and still burns CDs in his back room. I also heard from other family members that he went Geotagging recently...

Meanwhile, every once in awhile, I'll get a tech call from a teen that can't tell a blackberry from an env, and bought it because it was pink or purple.

Age has nothing to do with tech ability. It's the person's personal desire to learn. Who's to say the Queen of England isn't allowed to be a nerd like the rest of us forum rats here?
    Yeah the Queen may be old, but she's still pretty spry and with it. I personally feel safe with the fact that she has the authority to take direct control of our military (last time I checked).
    07-08-10 12:09 AM
36 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD