Well, I was on youtube today and noticed at the top of the page a link for youtube mobile, and right next to it a QR code. So, I scanned it with my BB and sure enough took me right to the mobile site.
    I'm curious to see where RIM, and other manufactures are going with these things. I guess they have been in use on mobile phones in Japan for a while now. Just something interesting I thought I'd share
    08-14-09 04:46 AM
    Well, I was on youtube today and noticed at the top of the page a link for youtube mobile, and right next to it a QR code. So, I scanned it with my BB and sure enough took me right to the mobile site.
    I'm curious to see where RIM, and other manufactures are going with these things. I guess they have been in use on mobile phones in Japan for a while now. Just something interesting I thought I'd share
    QR Codes have been around since '94 and you are correct they have been used in Japan for many years allowing consumers to use their devices to purchase things from vending machines, as well as other applications.

There have been posters put up for the movie "9" in theaters with QR code that redirect to a promo site

Also, check this out:
    QR-Code Generator
    08-14-09 05:01 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD