had a look at the Honeycomb pictures and it looks like it's been designed by a programmer that watched too many wifi movies lol
    WiFi movies? I think you mean Si-Fi movies LOL
    01-31-11 09:07 PM
    Exactly! I love how ultra-mobile the Playbook is, and how is provides the FULL web experience.

I have a few friends who have an iPad, but they have to carry a laptop with them as well, because the iPad cannot render the flash pages they visit regularly.

It's not only pointless, its ********. You Pay $600/$700 for a tablet, and you have to carry a laptop around with you too just to visit some site that you cant with iPad... and Then you end up using the Laptop most of the time anyway.

I mean for a few hundred bucks more you could buy a laptop....
    That is ******** alright . Sell the ipad and buy a playbook people. Leave the laptop at home and put the playbook in your jacket pocket .

Have some real fun with a blackberry playbook . Flash games galore.

Try bubble shooter . I can't wait to play it and others on my playbook.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-31-11 09:38 PM
    [QUOTE=belfastdispatcher;6008766]Just look at this website designed by a client of mine, every time I look at it I just think Apple:

The Spaniard Pub Belfast - An Amberfly/Papermouse Collaboration[/QUOTE

Double thanks Belfast. One for the gorgeous website, the second for the delicious irony. This site requires flash, can someone please verify how good this looks on their iPad?
    01-31-11 10:18 PM
    All for a good debate and all, but I don't see QNX coming out for some time on BB smartphones...probably not till at least 2012.

Hopefully I am wrong, but that is what I have read into.

I do think it will be an awesome OS and compete really well with others.

Till then 6.1 here I come, lol!

01-31-11 10:44 PM
    [QUOTE=BlackStormRising;6011234]
    Just look at this website designed by a client of mine, every time I look at it I just think Apple:

Double thanks Belfast. One for the gorgeous website, the second for the delicious irony. This site requires flash, can someone please verify how good this looks on their iPad?
    So what does look like on the ipad . Is it completely crap or what.

02-01-11 07:00 AM
    All for a good debate and all, but I don't see QNX coming out for some time on BB smartphones...probably not till at least 2012.

Hopefully I am wrong, but that is what I have read into.

I do think it will be an awesome OS and compete really well with others.

Till then 6.1 here I come, lol!

6.1 is looking good too . I'm on the torch so I don't mind the panes but I say its a pain in *** on 9780 though.

02-01-11 07:07 AM
    [QUOTE=bigpolla04;6011956]

Lol, I have no idea, I was using it as an example of design, the attention to detail is beautiful. You see it everywhere in an ipad.

02-01-11 07:10 AM
    WiFi movies? I think you mean Si-Fi movies LOL
    Yes, lol.

02-01-11 07:11 AM
    [QUOTE=BlackStormRising;6011234]
    Just look at this website designed by a client of mine, every time I look at it I just think Apple:

Lol, didn't realise that. I was just using it as an example of beautiful design that's made almost exclusivelly on Apple products. Needless to say the guys made an iphone app as well.

02-01-11 07:15 AM
    6.1 is looking good too . I'm on the torch so I don't mind the panes but I say its a pain in *** on 9780 though.

Actually don't mind the panes....hit end button and back to all...move apps you use mostly in there to top and bingo_bango! I just like new software, lol!

Can't wait to see some new 2011 Berries though!

02-01-11 07:17 AM
    Actually don't mind the panes....hit end button and back to all...move apps you use mostly in there to top and bingo_bango! I just like new software, lol!

Can't wait to see some new 2011 Berries though!

Thanks, can't wait to make use of those panes on my new BlackBerry smartphone. Getting one with touch though so apparently it'll work really well.
    02-01-11 09:02 AM
    [QUOTE=bigpolla04;6011956]

It probably looks like these other sites that require Flash:

john dunbar and FMB8900 like this.
    02-02-11 02:43 AM
    FYI: QNX booted in 4 seconds on my netbook from a USB stick 2.0 stick. It would probably boot in 20-60 seconds on current/older smartphones.

02-02-11 05:47 AM
    FYI: QNX booted in 4 seconds on my netbook from a USB stick 2.0 stick. It would probably boot in 20-60 seconds on current/older smartphones.

How have you Qnx on a usb stick . I call bs .

02-02-11 07:26 AM
    Actually don't mind the panes....hit end button and back to all...
    I did not know that!!
    02-02-11 08:31 AM

If this is true, then they may actually match the boot time of my DX. That will be really impressive a year or two from now. Right.

02-02-11 10:42 AM
    It will come to market as soon as I upgrade with an inferior BB. Story of my life.....QNX sounds inviting, but lets see how it runs on the PB before we get ahead of ourselves. If its the bomb on that then a port of it to a smartphone would be awesome. I have played with some Anroids and iphones and am jealous of the smooth and fluid functions. I wish my Storm had half as much response. But I love BB for what I do, but I wish they would jump out ahead NOW and not try to keep catching up......just saying
    02-02-11 11:11 AM
    [QUOTE=TheScionicMan;6015095]

It probably looks like these other sites that require Flash:

hahahah thats a great pic
    02-02-11 11:36 AM
    Unetbootin made it possible. Or if you don't feel like doing that, burn it to a CD-R/RW.

02-02-11 05:04 PM
    Unetbootin made it possible. Or if you don't feel like doing that, burn it to a CD-R/RW.

Your telling me that you have Qnx working on usb. That you can burn to CD if you want.

02-02-11 09:44 PM
    Your telling me that you have Qnx working on usb. That you can burn to CD if you want.

I took it off, but I did have it on a CD-RW, which sadly was blanked by some **** using the wrong disc. It hardly detected the hardware and required a CD drive to continue, usb drives don't count.

02-02-11 09:47 PM
    Of course there is a finish line. That is why no other tablet will EVER touch the iPad when it comes to sales. The iPad has already crossed the finish line. The question is: "Whose coming in second?".
    So when and where is that finish line? Is it first to market? Because I do believe the first tab came to market years ago. What exactly makes it so that "no other tablet will EVER touch the iPad when it comes to sales"?
    02-07-11 11:24 AM
97 ... 234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD