I've seen many posts about QNX.

So, Are you gonna skip the OS7 devices for qnx?

And what from rumors I heard it said to be a Big screen No qwerty.

Why is QNX such a big deal. Just curious. What will it do?

Thanks, Cheers.
    08-19-11 11:17 AM
    ive got my 9900, and it s a great device and very stable.

If RIM had proper timelines I wouldnt be too worried about waiting, but they say 2012 Q1, but it might not be until Q3 or 4 and my 9700 wouldnt have lasted that long
    08-19-11 11:34 AM
    I've seen many posts about QNX.

So, Are you gonna skip the OS7 devices for qnx?

And what from rumors I heard it said to be a Big screen No qwerty.

Why is QNX such a big deal. Just curious. What will it do?

Thanks, Cheers.
    1: Nope not going to skip OS7 and wait for QNX I have purchased the 9900, and may find myself with a 9810 as well in the near future.

2: The Rumors about the FIRST QNX phone are that it will be an all touchscreen device, the rumors and speculation say that the device will essentially be a Playbook MINI

3: QNX is such a big deal because it is the next generation of the BlackBerry Operating system, it is no long the evolution of BlackBerry but more a rebirth, the PlayBook OS is beautiful, I highly suggest if you are interested truly in what QNX is you look up QNX on google and read about POSIX, RTOS, microkernel, these will give you an understanding of what gets people excited about OS's and some terminology you will run into

People have the hope that once RIM has released the development tools for QNX devices that developers will jump onboard and start making Apps for BlackBerry devices.
    08-21-11 05:44 PM
    I am going to pick up the 9930 tomorrow and assuming I like it I won't be skipping os7. If the 9930 disappoints then ip5 will get a shot. Waiting for RIM to develop and release a device can be very painful! The way I look at it is RIM gets their stuff together and gets a lineup of QNX devices on time and they are are great as people are hoping I would be willing to pay full price for it!
    08-21-11 06:47 PM

If RIM had proper timelines I wouldnt be too worried about waiting, but they say 2012 Q1, but it might not be until Q3 or 4 and my 9700 wouldnt have lasted that long
    Ditto. My 9700 is now over 2 years old [IIRC] and is starting to show the occasional sign of flakiness [Bluetooth getting wonky]. I don't think it will last another year, and given RIM's general behavior in the past, I strongly suspect it will take them at least til Q4 of next year, if not longer, to produce a really useful, stable QNX phone.

Why QNX? Well...the Blackberry OS is getting kind of old, and I suspect that it was never designed to do a lot of the things cellphone customers now expect a smartphone to do. QNX is a lot more flexible and can form the basis of a really modern mobile phone OS, not to mention tablet computers like the Playbook [which is mostly awesome]. [Note that I'm not a programmer or software engineer, so I'm just parroting what I've read elsewhere...]
    08-21-11 07:10 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD