With RIM's third quarter of 2012 now closed, and the earnings call looming, this one bears a palpable tension... anticipating very interesting executive summary statements from around the conference room table and the 'question and answer' segment (if they choose to field questions) should be a fair barometer of even stalwart sentiment in the current market... this one feels very different...

Q3 Fiscal 2012 Results Announcement Conference Call
    Thursday, December 15, 2011
    5:00pm (EST)

Research In Motion - Investor Events
    11-28-11 10:06 AM
    I wouldn't expect good news. Latest numbers show that blackberry sold less phones this quarter then before. Down about 500,000 phones. Hopefully they have some announcements on BBX, OS 2.0 and other stuff to bring our attention away from the bad news that is likely to come with this announcement. But im hopeful that this latest sale of playbooks brings in some good news about them moving playbooks.
    11-28-11 10:40 AM
    I wouldn't expect good news. Latest numbers show that blackberry sold less phones this quarter then before. Down about 500,000 phones. Hopefully they have some announcements on BBX, OS 2.0 and other stuff to bring our attention away from the bad news that is likely to come with this announcement. But im hopeful that this latest sale of playbooks brings in some good news about them moving playbooks.
    where did you get this info??
    11-28-11 11:43 AM
    I'm hopeful we will see a return to more "normal" sales volumes. With the BB07 handsets firmly in place for FYQ2, we should see the restoration of the 15M-17M sales pace.

I also believe the BBM user growth to 70M is an indicator of net new sales growth as it would not be affected by upgrades, but only by actual new users. However, snatching defeat from the jaws of victory, "The Outage" did not help the situation or stem the further decline of sales in Nor-Am. Still, 15M worldwide is not a big number when compared to other maker's numbers.

I have no insider knowledge of the company's performance, but aren't we overdue for some good news ?
    11-28-11 12:09 PM
    @EchoTango, Just a shade over 14m shipped...
    "While the Company is still in the process of finalizing its third quarter financial results, the Company shipped approximately 14.1 million BlackBerry smartphones in the third quarter ended November 26, 2011 which was in line with previous guidance of between 13.5-14.5 million."
    http://crackberry.com/rim-announces-...nd-fiscal-2012-

Q3 Results Conference Call Details
    RIM will be reporting results for the third quarter of fiscal 2012 on December 15, 2011 after the close of the market. The Company will discuss todays announcement, third quarter fiscal 2012 results, and the outlook for the fourth quarter of fiscal 2012 on a conference call and live webcast beginning at 5 pm ET, December 15, 2011. The call can be accessed by dialing 1-800-814-4859 or at www.rim.com/investors/events/index.shtml. A replay of the conference call will also be available at approximately 7 pm by dialing 1-416-640-1917 and entering passcode 4466493#. A replay of the webcast will be available clicking the link above. The replay will be available until midnight ET December 29, 2011. The conference call will also appear on the RIM website live at 5 pm ET and will be archived at http://www.rim.com/investors/events/index.shtml.
    12-02-11 02:42 PM
    Today is the day...
    12-15-11 08:35 AM
  7. world traveler and former ceo's Avatar
    when will they start to exceed expectations again?!! frustrated RIM investor and bb 9900 and Playbook user! ....
    menaknow likes this.
    12-15-11 09:49 AM
    when will they start to exceed expectations again?!! frustrated RIM investor and bb 9900 and Playbook user! ....
    honest answer, not this quarter and not the next. I dont see it possible unless the lower the guidance to rock bottom. They first have to meet the February deadline and then start building from that. They cant start going up until then IMO. They then have to start meeting dates with the BB 10 phones.
    12-15-11 10:09 AM
    honest answer, not this quarter and not the next. I dont see it possible unless the lower the guidance to rock bottom. They first have to meet the February deadline and then start building from that. They cant start going up until then IMO. They then have to start meeting dates with the BB 10 phones.
    Exactly what I say.

There OS 2.0 release will tell a lot about the future of the company. On time and stable will have a positive they can build on.

Delayed or buggy.... well...

Also they seem to like to release guidance numbers that are best case scenarios. They really need to copy apples style of lowering expectation and then come to be those expectations.
    12-15-11 10:46 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD