View Poll Results: Blackberry Q20 or BOLD

Voters
4. You may not vote on this poll
  • Reintroduce the Bold

2 50.00%
  • Keep Q20 its perfect name

2 50.00%
    I was thinking about this, the new Q20 coming out soon is the name set in stone? Since the trackpad is coming back, wouldn't make sense for
    BlackBerry to re-introduce the Bold name?

I realize that BB10 is a new OS and all but the Bold is almost a brand of its own, it just means so much, its probably the Best BlackBerry phone
    period. What I mean is that the Bold has always been synonym for premium.

When did Apple change the Iphone name, Err never, just add a new number at the end, Samsung Galaxy how many times have they changed
    the name again they just add a number at the end. Iphone means = premium, Samsung Galaxy S = premium.. BlackBerry Bold = Premium.

What do we have now, BlackBerry Z30.. What does that mean, and who cares, its not an Iphone or a Galaxy.

What I'm saying is that the BOLD name, mean something. BlackBerry shouldn't forget that. eck the BlackBerry Bold 9900 is still in stores.
    DYLANHABKIRK likes this.
    03-08-14 04:42 PM
    I think that if they reintroduced he Bold name people would assume "Oh great, another Bold from Blackberry. No thank you." That's what got them in trouble in the first place, releasing Bold after Bold after Bold. IMO they should never go back to that name. It's synonymous with old and outdated.
    03-08-14 04:47 PM
    I was thinking about this, the new Q20 coming out soon is the name set in stone? Since the trackpad is coming back, wouldn't make sense for
    BlackBerry to re-introduce the Bold name?

I realize that BB10 is a new OS and all but the Bold is almost a brand of its own, it just means so much, its probably the Best BlackBerry phone
    period. What I mean is that the Bold has always been synonym for premium.

When did Apple change the Iphone name, Err never, just add a new number at the end, Samsung Galaxy how many times have they changed
    the name again they just add a number at the end. Iphone means = premium, Samsung Galaxy S = premium.. BlackBerry Bold = Premium.

What do we have now, BlackBerry Z30.. What does that mean, and who cares, its not an Iphone or a Galaxy.

What I'm saying is that the BOLD name, mean something. BlackBerry shouldn't forget that. eck the BlackBerry Bold 9900 is still in stores.
    Personally, I think they'll continue with the naming segment they have already established with BB10. But I absolutely do see the merit in reintroducing a "Bold" series device - especially with the reintroduction of the function key belt. Nice post, well recieved, and concise.
    madcat72 likes this.
    03-08-14 04:50 PM
    They've only had 4 Bolds since 2008, the last one being the 9900 still on the shelves selling, I think it's a mistake not using the Bold name.

I have a Q10 and when people ask is this the new Bold, I say no its the Q10. The response aw, really why didn't you go for the Bold.

Whatever BlackBerry does they'll have to market, why not market the reinvented, the 10 x faster Bold X1.

Posted via CB10
    03-08-14 04:58 PM

I have a Q10 and when people ask is this the new Bold, I say no its the Q10. The response aw, really why didn't you go for the Bold.

Posted via CB10
    People are actually asking that?
    DYLANHABKIRK and eldricho like this.
    03-08-14 05:56 PM

I have the Z10 and im glad no one has asked is this the new Storm.

There was some cool ads from Vodafone though back in the days.

"There's a 'storm' coming"
    Vs
    "Z10......."

I agree tho, I like the idea of the bold name.

Posted via CB10
    03-08-14 06:39 PM
    You serious? That's kinda funny, people here always think of battery pulling, hourglassing and fragmentation when they hear Curve, Bold, Torch or whatever old BlackBerry model name. Especially the Storm, no device should ever bear the name Storm again.

Those names should stay far away from anything new imo. It's pretty hard already telling people the difference between the new BlackBerry and the old one.

Posted via CB10
    03-08-14 06:53 PM
    +1 (madcat72) get the same response from people

The one and only Iphone wallpaper channel C001F26A0 no hate please I personally own a Q10 and 9900 :-)
    03-08-14 07:20 PM