Hi

I have setup outlook and my Blackberry Q10 with outlook connector and so far syncing works fine.
    My problem is that my I am only using the outlook.com account as a workaround to sync, and have a few issues that I cant find the answers to.

1. Outlook.com does not delete my email host server (3rd party Pop account) when downloading the mail causing the 3rd Party mailbox to become full. I have changed the settings of delete download message - to - do what the device says
    problem is outlook email settings on my computer unlike a pop acc (leave message on server option) is MAPI and has no settings to change.

How am I able to delete the message from its source ( 3rd party Pop account) automatically from outlook or outlook.com?

2. I don't want to use the outlook.com email address. I continue to send emails from my POP3 account direct but I am then working between the two accounts looking in sent boxes etc.......How can I disguise this email address?

3. How do I receive email quicker. I tried to follow a workaround that suggested to create an alias and auto forward all incoming emails to my alias therefore getting them to outlook.com and on to my devices in real time instead of waiting 30-mins. My problem is my POP3 account doesn't have the option to auto forward...only filters for individual emails and only within that account.
    Is there anything that can be done? I'm on 2007 Outlook not 2013

4. Workaround for syncing tasks. I followed a task sync workaround Using Outlook.com with your own or current email address | HowTo-Outlook
    When editing the template in the new inbox, the body of the email/task is not synced with outlook.com or my BB10. Only the subject line leaves outlook on my computer to be seen in outlook.com and BB10
    How can I include the body of the email/task

As you can see the only thing so far that works is the sync between the devices BUT its not really working for me as a small office solution. Please help.
    11-29-13 10:18 AM
    My problem is that my I am only using the outlook.com account as a workaround to sync
    Hi Pete Kick and welcome to the CrackBerry community !
    As you see, I only quoted one sentence, as it sounds like the very first point to start with.

Is the hosted email only POP ?
    Please describe why you choose to workaround with outlook.com

Also, do you have access to your DNS settings ? Then you could use outlook.com for real, but with your company address ... (we'll see that later if appropriate)

Cheers
    SF
    11-29-13 10:39 AM
    Thanks for replying....

I agree there are a few points to answer. As mentioned, I use the outlook connector on outlook (office) and my Q10 so I can sync both devices. The syncing works fine.
    I have a domain name with an old email provider. It is a pop account and very antiquated. I have spoken with them and they can not really help. They can only turn off the webmail function. There is no auto forward email option on the account. They told me the account will be migrated over to the new system but this could take a year!

So although I want wireless sync the current issues are what I seem to be having to put up with unless I get some help. To recap...
    1. Mailbox getting full.....Can outlook connector be POP instead of MAPI. When looking at the account in outlook you can tell POP to delete message from server after a specified duration. MAPI account has no options for this.
    2. 30-mins to wait before outlook.com retrieves emails is a long time in business. As stated my email provider cannot auto forward...so again I am stuck?
    3. Having to use the outlook.com email address looks poor for my business. When sending from my computer I send via the POP account keeping my domain name, but then I am hopping between different sent folders. My phone just has the outlook connector on it so sends with the outlook.com extension.

There maybe no workaround for my problems, but I feel that if there is not, then Q10 simply was a bad move. I could use any phone and go back to usb sync like I did with my Bold direct to my POP account.
    It was just the ability to wireless sync I was sold on...... - The answer for a small business - Just like having your own business server.....But due to the points above it clearly is not. I do feel that Blackberry may not be the business solution it once was.
    12-03-13 08:57 AM
    Hi Pete,
    is this procedure describing what your setting ?
    Using Outlook.com with your own or current email address | HowTo-Outlook

While it's MS and not really BlackBerry, I've not digged much, but at least, your concerns about deleting messages and synchro interval is covered.
    Tip!
    By default, your messages will also remain on the POP3 server of your email provider. If you are happy with the results and/or you have only limited space on the POP3 server, you can configure the account aggregation settings to remove the messages from the mail server once they are collected by Outlook.com.

To do this, go to your account settings as indicated in step 4 and click on the “Details” link next to your configured account and then on the “Edit” link in the pop-up dialog. In the “Incoming (POP3) server information” section, you’ll find an option for “Leave a copy of messages on the server”.
    Outlook 2010 uses the configured Send/Receive interval for Outlook Hotmail Connector accounts. By default, this is set to 30 minutes and can be configured in your Send/Receive settings (keyboard shortcut CTRL+ALT+S) but it is not recommended to set this below 5 minutes or even 10 minutes when you have multiple accounts configured.

Now, if you really want to leave the antique and you have reasonable technical skills, it's quite easy to set outlook.com as the mail host for your own domain (I mean really hosting, not collecting like above).
    You may have a first look here, I suggest you search in latest MS documentation for more accuracy/
    http://www.9lessons.info/2013/10/out...om-domain.html

Doing so will bring you into 21th century technology, which -of course- your BB10 devices supports perfectly.

Let us know if it helps.
    SF
    Last edited by Superfly_FR; 12-03-13 at 10:54 AM. Reason: second link edited for a more recent one
    12-03-13 10:26 AM
    Hi SF

Thanks for the info. I was able to sort the delete copy on server. Pity it couldn't do a timed delete for safety but I have checked and now always have an empty mailbox once outlook downloads the mail.

The mail host sounds like the future !!! But my mail provider want paying 100 for the domain. Might be worth it in the long run for all the time I'm investing!

I'm on 2007 outlook so If I keep things as is the 20-30mins mail delay cant be changed. And I suppose I'm stuck with the stupid @outlook.com email address.

So if I get oulook.com to host would that mean all my issues are sorted....?
    12-03-13 12:52 PM
    Cool for the deletion, at least your mailbox isn't blocked anymore !

Outlook.com as a host is one solid option and yes, not only it'll solve your mail sync problems but also contacts/calendar.

I'm not sure how your mail provider can ask you 100 for the domain ... You mean if you want to transfer it, or just to set the MX entries for outlook.com as a host ? You should have access to your own domain DNS settings. Did they registered it for you ? Are your the domain registrant (owner) ?
    12-03-13 01:37 PM
    I had a POP account and used the Program Outlook with the Outllook Connector to do the same thing with a outlook.com account to get wireless syncing of contacts to work.

In the Program Outlook go to Tool > Account Settings > double click the account > More Settings > Advance

There should be options for leaving messages on the POP account and how long before they are deleted. Of course this can vary based on your provider. This limits you being able to search older mail and installing leaks without a restore.

I went to a hosted plan with Google and moved our domain email there. Give you Activesync just like having your own Exchange Server for only a few bucks a month.
    12-03-13 04:39 PM
    I use my own email address with Outlook.com. I've set it up as my only alias (I do NOT have an @outlook.com email address), and it pulls my emails from my website host (in my case, Hostgator). I have the option of leaving messages on the web server or deleting them. I choose to leave them, as I have unlimited storage.

My only complaint is that there is an up to 30 minute delay in getting my email, since Outlook pulls it in at roughly 30 min. intervals. Has anyone been able to come up with a workaround for immediate email delivery? I need full access to old emails, so the 90 day sync with webmail is not acceptable.

I used to be on Gmail, but as soon as I got the Q10, I couldn't send emails from my @mydomainname address - it defaulted to my @gmail.com email address. Also, all emails sent from my PlayBook lost their time stamp when I transferred them to Outlook. Does their paid hosted service solve this problem?

My point in posting this is to ask if there is, in fact, a perfect solution for a BB10 user who needs forever access to old emails and needs to be able to receive and send email from their own domain address.
    Last edited by ALToronto; 12-04-13 at 08:54 AM.
    12-04-13 08:43 AM
    My point in posting this is to ask if there is, in fact, a perfect solution for a BB10 user who needs forever access to old emails and needs to be able to receive and send email from their own domain address.
    On of the possible solution in this scenario is the one described by the like provided above to set a custom domain in outlook.com. Short : you get rid of your current email host and rely 100% on outlook.com, you're exchange powered and sync is natural.
    Outlook.com on a Custom Domain
    ALToronto likes this.
    12-04-13 10:14 AM
    Thanks for the link. However, I cannot understand whether or not I need to completely move my domain to Outlook, or just mirror it. I have paid for 3 years of hosting on HostGator, and I need a host that will support a WordPress self-hosted website.

Posted via CB10
    12-06-13 07:48 AM
    Thanks for the link. However, I cannot understand whether or not I need to completely move my domain to Outlook, or just mirror it. I have paid for 3 years of hosting on HostGator, and I need a host that will support a WordPress self-hosted website.
    Posted via CB10
    You can definitely keep your web hosting at HostGator and set your emails to be hosted by outlook.com. These are two (or more) distinct entries in your DNS settings.
    The advantage between setting outlook.com as your host is that you do not have delays for your mail delivery (sync interval) and you can get rid of the outlook ad-ons to get a modern sync ready to go.

As outlook.com is a free service and will provide a nice experience on every devices (natural sync - no tricks, no add-ons) and may add a bunch of features like agenda and contacts, I for one would recommend it.

Ask your technical contact at HostGator about it, they should be familiar with. Just be careful with your Wordpress mail settings.
    Shouldn't be very hard, but take your time and understand it before you take action !

Cheers
    SF
    ALToronto likes this.
    12-07-13 10:22 AM
    I have a slightly different email sync problem
    Me and my colleague, both using Z10, have the same work email address on our bb. The same email address I have it on my PC, I use it through Outlook, POP3. I know now that with the OS10 whatever we do with the email on our BB will reflect on our PC. But now we see that whatever my colleague does with this account on my BB (delete, reply, forward, read) it reflects / sync to my Z10. Is there any way we can stop this sync between our two Z10 for this pop3 email account?

Thank you

Posted via CB10
    12-10-13 03:30 PM
    Me and my colleague, both using Z10, have the same work email address on our bb. The same email address I have it on my PC, I use it through Outlook, POP3. I know now that with the OS10 whatever we do with the email on our BB will reflect on our PC. But now we see that whatever my colleague does with this account on my BB (delete, reply, forward, read) it reflects / sync to my Z10. Is there any way we can stop this sync between our two Z10 for this pop3 email account?
    Thank you
    Posted via CB10
    Unless you have software ad-ons the situation you describes is more likely an IMAP settings (on the Z10s). Can you double check ?
    12-11-13 04:22 AM
    Thank you for your reply. I have 4 different email accounts and only one of them (not this one I share with my colleague) is IMAP. All 3 others(this one including) are POP3. The IMAP account I don't share with anyone and is configured only on my z10 and pc.

Posted via CB10
    12-11-13 03:56 PM
    I know now that with the OS10 whatever we do with the email on our BB will reflect on our PC.
    Thank you for your reply. I have 4 different email accounts and only one of them (not this one I share with my colleague) is IMAP. All 3 others(this one including) are POP3. The IMAP account I don't share with anyone and is configured only on my z10 and pc.
    Unless you use a special setting, this first quote (bolded) is still mystery to me. With pop accounts, you basically DL messages on your device and there is no automatic sync, unless you specified special behaviors like "download headers only", "leave a copy on the server until ...".
    I'd check if one or a mix of these rules are set and the effects their combination may have ...
    12-12-13 08:15 AM
    I checked again the settings on my bb and you are right they were all in IMAP settings. Apparently with the new OS bb has put these settings by default in IMAP. While I have done the configuration in pop3 only in my pc considering that the setting on my bb will not change automatically. Sorry for the confusion and thanks for the help.

Posted via CB10
    Superfly_FR likes this.
    12-12-13 05:44 PM
    Cool !
    But BB10 is acting as expected: detect the best protocol available and use it .
    You can also set these protocols manually either on OL and Zeds

Visit my BBM Channel !
    12-12-13 07:22 PM